Plastic bin with ice and a cheap fan for $300

Considering the way too obvious picture, I suspect it is intended as a joke. There are people selling fake air conditioners like that, but they put them in a nice box so they seem to work long enough to get out of town. No one does cups and balls with transparent cups.

2 Likes

Those things are complete crap in a New England summer. Tried one last year and it barely made a decent table top fan. I hear great results in arid regions though.

No one?

6 Likes

making the ice puts more heat in the room than can be removed by letting the ice melt

maybe if the freezer was outside the house :thinking:

4 Likes

A friend in an Eastern North Carolina cohousing neighborhood, burdened with awareness of thermodynamics and hot summers, did that, more or less: he built a kitchen with an extra door-sized hole in the outside wall and put the fridge there, insulating around it. With the condenser coils outdoors, it didn’t contribute heat to the kitchen. I’m not sure if he turned it around in winter to achieve the opposite result, with the small side effect of having to go out on the porch to access the fridge contents.

But hey, I feel the same as I did for the OP: Makers Gonna Make.

7 Likes

No, these ones are significantly cheaper :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Imagine a Venn diagram where one side is people with too much money, and the other side is people who are really stupid. The intersection would be the Kardashians the people who would buy this thing.

2 Likes

That was an A+ comment.

Confused Wait What GIF

2 Likes

Maybe the price includes them coming to replace the ice every few hours all summer.

2 Likes

That was obiovusly what I was referring too.

And the labor cost to assemble!

The other day I was wondering why fridge/freezer isn’t a split system like your AC with condenser out side the house. I’ve also wondered thought how hard would it be to use the heat dumped out to dry clothes.

1 Like

SCAM!
Everyone knows normal TIE Fighters don’t support hyperdrive. You need at least a TIE Advanced for that.

1 Like

But why? You could have bought a modified tupperware off of Craigslist?

I have one and it came with a freezer block thing that you can freeze and dump into the water tank, so the water starts off a bit cooler. So maybe a little ice wouldn’t be a terrible idea…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.