Platonic Potter

[Permalink]

Also you can make the same comments sound creepy by replacing Harry with, ladies. (Demetri Martin.)

“Death is not the worst that can happen to men…ladies.”

“Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others…ladies.”

“He who commits injustice is ever made more wretched than he who suffers it…ladies.”

1 Like

It also works with “in bed” and thousands of other phrases.

2 Likes

Could this lead to the Allegory of the Room of Requirement?

2 Likes

this, along with the 8-bit “Wish You Were Here” album, made my day.

First thing I thought when I saw ‘Platonic Potter’ was ‘fanfic nobody would read’.

9 Likes

Those who deny themselves gratification as a form of gratification would be all over it.

I was thinking it was about pottery. Maybe a remake of Ghost but with Whoopi stuck in the friend zone.

1 Like

You can make them sound like another fictional sage, too:

“The worst that can happen to men death is not.”

Though it’s harder for some quotes than others:

“To ourselves, good actions strength give, and in others good actions inspire they do.”

Now a socio-political twist.

• History is the one true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat, Harry.

• It’s like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder how I keep from going under, Harry.

• Rarely is the question asked, “is our children learning?”, Harry.

1 Like

Eh, the first thought to my mind was a graphic novel that wasn’t safe for work…

I prefer the Omar Little (from “The Wire”)/Harry Potter mashup:

“You come at the king, you best not miss, Harry.”

“Look Harry, I do what I can do to help y’all. But the game is out there, and it’s either play or get played.”

“How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies, Harry?”

Oblig mention of Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality as being an awesome tale of a young potential wizard who had very different replacement parents.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.