Play thousands of retrogames with this DIY table arcade game player

As far as I know (which is really just my best guess, not actual knowledge), because they are selling a Class 4 laser, they are legally required to ensure that the purchaser is reasonably trained to operate it safely. The training materials and extra work required to make that happen account for much of that markup, I believe. That is, I don’t believe they are selling a “minimally extra” addon at a huge vig, just for the sake of having something to offer to people who are willing to spend a lot of money to satisfy a “completionist” purchasing mindset. I think the safety training and certification is actually a big part of that markup.

Sure but that training does the cost of it change per unit shipped? or was it developed and now that cost is paid. I mean they’re not sending people who buy the plus off to school or classes anywhere are they?

The Plus offers all the features of the Pro but does not have the upgraded cooling or Passthrough slot. It is a Class 1 laser with a 12-month warranty.
Hardware | Glowforge

The real question (for those with the space, time, and money to consider this–not I!) is whether it’s possible to tackle a multi-hour job without the “upgraded cooling”-- even if it fits in the plus.

I’ve done multiple three-hour plus jobs on mine with no hiccups. In fact, I once did several such jobs per day for multiple days in a row. I keep mine inside my climate-controlled house, which is the intended environment for the machine. It’s a quality product.

1 Like

Hi Mark, can you (i.e., have you tried to) play ROMs of old point-and-click style games using this type of joystick-button set up?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.