Playdate, a tiny game console with a big pedigree

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/23/playdate-a-tiny-game-console.html

1 Like

I assumed the crank was to charge the battery, that’s cool that it’s a controller.

BUT, does “crankin’ it” mean the same thing to people in Portland, OR that it does to me…? If so, Crankin’ it on a date is something that should be done…with caution and attention to appropriateness…

2 Likes

It’ll be great for breakout and driving games. I shudder to think what sadistic treats Bennett has in store.

3 Likes

I’m going to make a hand held gaming device that requires doing double bookkeeping into Quickbooks to play.

5 Likes

Can it run doom?

2 Likes

I’m currently writing a very nerdy web-based “paper and pencil” RPG based on non-profit/NGO management (in a fabtasy role playing setting.) should I consider you “interested in occasional updates”?

3 Likes

I’ve got a vintage module for that game, The Caverns of Crystal Reports. I’ll make a ditto of it for you.

4 Likes

Where are the kits for stationary bike adaptions? I asked the store and they didn’t even know what I was talking about. Stupidest three hours I ever spent.

Oddly enough, the last thing I saw from Foddy was downright serene. (perhaps more so on mute)

I immediately signed up for this, but I’m not guaranteeing I’ll buy one. But those developers, and that metal case with machine screws… hnng

1 Like
  1. This is awesome, I will likely get one.

2. I should really really really learn how to use my Teenage Engineering pocket synth/sequencer… Been busy, yo!

2 Likes

Teenage Engineering, Katamari? (I assume there were other words in the post but Teenage Engineering, Katamari?!)

I’m in.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.