Playing Jenga with heavy earth-moving equipment

I know, right? Kinda like how, if you sell the chemicals used for executions of prisoners; you totally just sold the government a bunch of chemicals, right? Who knows what they’re going to do with them?
Right?

i hope you evade all your taxes. else you may have a few fingers pointing back at someone you know, you know? right?

1 Like

Right, I know.

Kinda like how I’m legally obligated to sell chemicals that are used in the execution of prisoners. No wait. I’m mixing up your confusion.

what you’re actually doing has a much simpler name, and I do not fault you for your emotional response.

The ethical thing for a company to do when it discovers its products are being used by a customer to murder people is to stop selling that product to that customer.
Moreover, my emotional reaction is based on the certainty of the logic underlying that statement.

I’d love to hear your modus ponens.

Wait…

Is Boing Boing supposed to not share its points of view? Opposition to Hobby Lobby’s brand of morality is not incompatible with opposition to CAT’s brand of amorality. Just like my opposition to your phony public display of Christianity isn’t incompatible with my opposition to the immorality of your neoliberal money-worship that claims corporations have a fiduciary duty that trumps all other humane considerations of proper behavior.

Pth.

2 Likes

Hobby Lobby is arguing that they shouldn’t have to comply with federal law. No one here is arguing that Caterpillar is violating the (overly lax) law, just that they’re being dickheads. You’re drawing a false equivalence between the two. Both companies are behaving badly, just in different ways.

3 Likes

Urgh, what I was doing was being over-invested and ratty and argumentative. My apologies.

1 Like

Based on your responses, I’m not sure you’d hear anything I said. Nice chip.

(that’s me trying not to argue)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.