Podzook: a simply stunning backyard office pod

Tyvek the outside really tight, cedar underlayment, then cedar siding and tar paper roof. Insulate the inside with literal bubble wrap, make sure there is a conduit and french drain for condensation to flow, install a small ceiling exhaust fan, and drywall it with 3/8" drywall.

McMaster causes me to hemorrage money. I have voluntarily stopped going there. (Just one more peekā€¦)

1 Like

Picking up a store with a craneā€¦ isnā€™t that shoplifting?

10 Likes

Iā€™m assuming youā€™ll volunteer to assist?

1 Like

NOT IT!!!

1 Like

4 Likes

This from a guy who installs OpenSSH on windows. Blasphemer!

Iā€¦ might have done that? I donā€™t recall having done so.

Back on topic ā€“ I think the Podzook is too expensive for me, but utterly beautiful. I love the curvey curves all on the interior with the alumin(i)um and whatnot. swoon

1 Like

In firework circles, those are known as Cremoras, and theyā€™re easy and fun.

1 Like

How about a railway carriage? Not as solid, but thereā€™s plenty of light and furniture is already installed. This one is in good condition and costs 8,500 GBP ONO:

4 Likes

Probably around 2008-2009, on Windows XP, with cygwin and Emacs. You canā€™t hide from your past, infidel! The all-seeing eye of the Internets knows you are an emacs-on-windows heretic. Expect Bill Joy to lead a mob wielding pitchforks and torches to your door in the near future, unless you abjure heresy and run vi(m) on OpenBSD henceforth!

OK, Iā€™ll stop now.

1 Like

The only heretics are those who use other ā€œeditorsā€ yet feel no shame.

2 Likes

You have to do with the editor you have, not with the editor you want.

2 Likes

M-x narrow-to-topic

Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault
Backtrace:
emacs[0x5094e4]
emacs[0x4ed3e6]
emacs[0x4ed504]
/lib64/libpthread.so.0[0x375220efe0]
/lib64/libpthread.so.0(read+0xe)[0x375220e08e]
emacs[0x509af6]
emacs[0x5acc26]
2 Likes

The first one is obviously the result of a collision, by the prow of another ship, looks like. The the latter three all speak to the burly structural integrity of shipping containers ā€” those things are full, held together only with twistlocks, and sticking out sideways, yet still protecting their contents. If I have to be indoors for a quake a container would be high up on my list of preferred structures.

3 Likes

That desk looks suspiciously similar to one I saw at Restoration Hardware.

Couldnā€™t find the desk, but check out this chair.

1 Like

If canā€™t edit with the one you love, honey, edit with the one youā€™re with.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure, but I think I saw that desk here on the Boing as well.

Yeah, here are the chairs: http://boingboing.net/2011/04/07/jet-age-chairs-at-re.html

1 Like

I shall have to look into more closely when I have my own property, rather than renting. And I live in Australia, so I doubt I can get those prefab ones.