Police in Maryland chase stolen 5-ton military vehicle

I don’t know about that, but I do know crews that will simply pull the knob off the fuel shutoff, disconnect the intake heater, or something similar so you can’t start it unless you really know what you’re doing. Just as good as being locked to a common thief.

4 Likes

I’ve definitely seen that done with things like generators and air compressors. Things that are typically trailer-based and relatively easy to steal. Why not, if you’ve got a crane available on the construction site? But a bulldozer seems way too big to routinely suspend from a crane as an anti-theft measure.

1 Like

Maybe the bulldozer had been ill?

1 Like

4 Likes

Liebherr always does the best public displays :grin: They do another one where the climb a tower with an excavator.

4 Likes

Yowza!

3 Likes

The security system is external—military assets are supposed to be guarded all the time :military_helmet:

3 Likes

When I was in the Army in Germany we had a guy who was a notorious drunk. He reported to duty one evening drunk and was told by his supervisor to go to his barracks room. But he didn’t. Instead he went to the motor pool, beat up the guard, stole a HEMTT (big truck), drove it off base, crashed into a german civilian in her car, then fled the scene. Fun times

3 Likes

… FREEDOM™

2 Likes
1 Like

According to my father, standard practice in WW2 Britain to prevent your borrowed vehicle from being reborrowed was to remove the distributor rotor and pocket it.

2 Likes

In case anybody wonders about the logos everywhere in that video:

1 Like
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.