Police propaganda

Continuing the discussion from White cop, black boy hug at Portland rally for Ferguson: story behind striking photo:

The way this image has been propagandized is highly disturbing to me because it distracts from the real issues. This has never been about the relationship between individual officers and young Black men, but about the way in which our institutions and society protect cops, granting them license to use lethal force in ANY circumstance. Whether they do use it or decide to demonstrate “love” is irrelevant.

3 Likes

I missed this back in December…
Just saw it in my RSS news feed – some tumblr reblog.

It looks like his mother has set up other photo ops with him e.g. the water bottle pic.

Devonte Hart, a transracial adoptee whose white adoptive parent uses him as a literal prop in her propaganda. Apparently he really didn’t want to hug the cop in that photo on the left, but his mother forced him into it, that’s why he’s crying
5 Likes

Holy shit. I’m cynical enough to be metacynical, but I still have to remind myself that’s not enough…

There’s no compunction from right-wing scumbags.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 807 days. New replies are no longer allowed.