Polish auto repair shop uses uses a Commodore 64 to run its operations

I think the reason that’s true was because we went through an earlier era of planned obsolescence before in the 1950s and it helped spark a consumer movement which demanded more high quality things. We’ve back slid into a new wave of planned obsolescence, thanks in part, I think, to Apple.

3 Likes

It was well underway before they got involved. Apple does bang the drum of “must have the latest”, with all of their “It’s even slimmer” BS. Their laptops are fairly solid considering. ( I say as the I and E keys on mine start working sporadically…)

2 Likes

Fair enough, though I do think that they hyped it up, at least in regards to phones. Part of that is related, I think to market expansion for any one product and the limits of that.

1 Like

Oh they did / do. I was just stating they play on making customers want the newest latest shiny, more than building cheap crap that wears out early. Speaking to the latter though, the non-replaceable battery bit is rather nasty of them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.