Pope Francis: atheists who follow their consciences (might) be welcome in Heaven

Which to me is hilarious, because the Church appropriated all the pagan garb and the pope wears their gear while professing this bullshit. Such bastards.

4 Likes

Me too. I do it every night.

5 Likes

Saying “yes” to atheist heaven is saying “yes” to communism!

11 Likes

I can’t get over the “Pope Francis assures atheists” headline. Yeah, atheists were being kept up at night with worry that God was angry at them and wouldn’t let them into Heaven and… wait a minute!

24 Likes

Quite right. The most damning thing you can do to yourself under Catholic doctrine (and nearly, really, the only ultimately damning thing) is to have, first, accepted Catholic faith as the one true faith and then, nevertheless, reject it. It’s been a long time since the Catholic church viewed non-Catholics, or even non-Christians as necessarily damned. It’s not the lack of knowledge of Jesus that puts you in hot water, it’s the understanding and rejection of him that does.

But, of course, everyone is trying to read more into this Pope than Chauncey Gardner. But I’m quite certain he’ll be sainted soon after death because the press coverage he gets really is a miracle.

6 Likes

S’cool atheists. We straight.

20 Likes

I’m curious about what we do when someone’s conscience genuinely tells
them to (e.g.) stand in the pathway of a bus filled with children who
are fleeing violent, chaotic failed states, holding signs that say
"RETURN TO SENDER?

I guess that really depends on if that bus is going to run into either a wall or a fat man.

7 Likes

Can we go to a heaven that was specifically for good people and didn’t give bonus points to the religious-but-nasty?

Because otherwise that’s a pretty lame heaven, isn’t it?

7 Likes

Words by the Apostle Paul which contradict the proclamation that God gave man the right to disbelieve.

(ref. II Corinthians 6: 14-18)

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what participation has righteousness and lawlessness?
And what fellowship has light with darkness?
And what concord hath Christ with Beliar?
Or what part has he that believes with an unbeliever?
And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? for you are the temple of the living God; as God has said, I will dwell in them, and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be to me a people.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be separated, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean (the unbeliever); and I will receive you, And I will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.<

As you can see the One God describes the unbeliever, he who disbelieves, as lawlessness, darkness, as a follower of Beliar, as an idol worshipper, that will not be His people, as the unclean…which will not be received by the One Creator Father.

It is clear that His rejection of the unbeliever shows that the unbeliever has no right given by God to disbelieve but that instead this self proclaimed “right” by man is, in the Eyes of the One True God, disobedience and ‘un - right - eousness’…subject to rejection, judgement, and punishment.

John Stefanyszyn
…a bondman of the Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the One and Only God.

Oh noes!

5 Likes

As a bondsman if I run away to mexico will you send Dog to hunt me down? :smile:

(I’m just teasing BTW)

5 Likes

12 Likes

That is one possible interpretation of a text written in a different language with a completely different context ages ago that is largely ignored by shrimp-eating, beard-trimming, ham-eating, idol-wearing Christians of today.

Apparently the 18th century phenomena of Biblical inerrancy is selective?

13 Likes

I do not deny others faiths, it is a personal decision. But believing that the Word of God is immutable… When it has to be translated… Always stuck me as fupping insane.

15 Likes

And it’s terribly disrespectful to the previous 1700 years of Christian history in which that was not believed to be the case. It’s a very modern invention.

First century Christians were much groovier!

1 Like

5 Likes

hallelujahs and amen, but we don’t need your condescension by inviting us into your make believe fantasy land.

1 Like

The first forgiving is free. That’s how they get ya.

10 Likes

Does it come with in/out privileges? I mean, I’m likely to need a nap now and again. I hear the parties in hell are fantastic (I mean, all the best bands are playing, right?)

1 Like

Maybe believers get the VIP seats, while the rest of us sit in the nosebleed section.

3 Likes