Popehat suspended from Twitter for sharing a threat he received (Update: unsuspended)

Throwback Thursdays™

4 Likes

The internet is a great tool for the proudly defective people of the world to showcase their pathology. How else would so many people know some deeply damaged inadequate fool like that van dyke guy if he couldn’t act stupid world wide

3 Likes

UPDATE:
Back.

14 Likes

Can we just go back to homepages? I still have my homepage.

4 Likes

Exhibits A through Z: the incumbent President of the United States of America. Sad.

3 Likes

So facebook is actually fully just high school now.

6 Likes

I’m still not convinced that home pages + rss was a model that we should move away from. That’s very roughly the system that powers the fediverse anyway (GNU Social, Mastodon, various other compatible bits of software).

3 Likes

That is the heart of the matter…

2 Likes
1 Like

“You are on double secret suspension!”

3 Likes

At this stage even if they produced on-air live footage of him in his mountain lair on an island protected by ICBMs and saying he was guilty of everything, the US TLAs are so discredited that it would be assumed by many people to be a fake.
But only the Russians would fake evidence against someone who embarrassed them and arrange for their subsequent demise, wouldn’t they?

It seems pretty clear that the triggering event for the suspension was posting the guy’s name, address, and phone numbers.

1 Like

I suspect the triggering event was the guy filing an abuse complaint with Twitter against Popehat. The suspension was probably automatic at that point, once some automated part of Twitter kicked in. Twitter and Facebook both have systems that err on the side of believing a complaint by default, and bullies are a lot more likely to take advantage of that than reasonable people are, thus the prevalence of people being suspended for not doing anything wrong and bullies not getting suspended until they’ve gone about 10 miles over the line.

5 Likes

Just as long as we never go back to Geocities…

Got bad news for you…

1 Like

I don’t know whether to be sad or ironically happy or just to go make the most ugly page possible right now.

1 Like

I read some of the linked posts from the linked posts, and found this wonderful piece of snark:

overt bigots shouldn’t be hired as prosecutors. Only genteel people who will let the criminal justice system’s manifest structural bigotry take care of business should be hired as prosecutors.

Conclusion: popehat is awesome

3 Likes

Look at this censorship story https://medium.com/@TrapPat/how-i-got-my-verified-twitter-account-banned-e6aa8911418c

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.