Trump flips out on Twitter, right after Twitter fact-checked him for the first time

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/26/trump-flips-on-on-twitter-fact.html

9 Likes

Is it too late to burn it all down? A Billionaire who can buy Twitter just to dismantle it entirely? A crowdfunding effort maybe?

30 Likes

Twitter isn’t stifling Free Speech you orange moron.

First of all they let you say whatever you want and don’t take anything down. They aren’t deleting your words or keeping you from saying them.

Secondly they are a private company and as far as I know could censor you if they wished to, because you are using their proprietary platform to put your vapid thoughts out.

They are doing neither of these things they’re just saying you are full of shit, as you almost always are, the same way anyone else in this country is legally allowed to say to your face even if you don’t like it.

Christ what a petulant child. Someone put this tool back in his drawer.

90 Likes

Hopefully, the voters will make it so in November. :crossed_fingers:t4:

35 Likes

The president is threatening to coerce a private enterprise. Surely the Cato institute will swoop in any second now!

66 Likes

delete your account, donnie – that’d show 'em!

47 Likes
23 Likes

Sometimes, there are tools so broken and dysfunctional that the best thing to do is just do a little bit of toolbox cleaning and dispose of them. I dunno, maybe use them for their raw materials, or if there are no recyclable bits, put them in a special display, so everyone in the shop can learn to recognize a useless tool?

22 Likes

Mail-in ballots or not, if he loses, he’ll claim the election was rigged.

45 Likes

Wow, not just stifling free speech a little, but completely. No free speech at all is happening here- certainly not completely unrestricted free speech with nothing to even complain about. Nope.

I wish I could say that even Trump’s supporters must see how pathetic and childish he’s being, but I’m sure they also think that being contradicted is the cruelest, most brutal oppression anyone has ever faced in history. As long as they’re the ones being contradicted.

23 Likes

Because Twitter’s a private company, they could literally replace every one of his tweets with “BLAH BLAH BLAH I AM A MORON” and be 100% within their rights to do it. Or have every tweet be this.

16 Likes

God, wouldn’t it be delicious if they added a Fact-Check flag to this, explaining Free Speech and how to provide evidence to support a claim?

58 Likes

tantrum

36 Likes

So this is how we’re gonna get Internet as a public utility. Huh.

14 Likes

FINALLY.

43 Likes

The really scary part is that a large chunk of his followers will believe him. If he tells them to rally outside the White House to prevent his leaving, they will do it. And they have lots of guns.

It’s gonna be ugly this November no matter who wins.

26 Likes

I just want to see if there is a limit to abuse Trump can dole out before Twitter finally enforces their COC.

12 Likes

No limit exists. POTUS can tweet whatever crap with total impunity because POTUS. Twitter would be stomped by DOJ minions if it cut POTUS access. Only bullshit survives.

10 Likes

The vermilion dump also is ‘Commander in Chief’ of a some outfits that have quite a few more guns. Will they obey their commander after he loses a ‘rigged’ election or stick by their oath to ‘defend the Constitution’ against ‘enemies’ including ‘domestic’ ones?

17 Likes

Th fact that this is even a question that has to be asked is deeply, deeply scary.

23 Likes