Twitter says it's "deeply sorry about the pain" Trump's tweets have caused

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/26/twitter-says-its-deeply-so.html

4 Likes

How much of Twitter’s traffic is related to Trump’s tweets and reactions to it? It’s certainly a measureable fraction of it. They’ll never do a thing

36 Likes

11th-doc-this|nullxnull

They will not. His bullshit is a goldmine, because it keeps us all fixated on twitter and talking about twitter.

34 Likes

Apparently ‘deeply sorry’ isn’t sorry enough to justify doing anything.

Clearly my sorrow-sonar needs some recalibration. Has NIST been gutted by ideological hacks yet, or can I still talk to them?

15 Likes

When asked how deeply sorry he was about the pain caused by the tweets, Twitter’s chief financial officer said, “I don’t give a fuck,” while rolling around on a pile of quarterly earnings statements.

30 Likes

‘Deeply Sorry’ leads to Thoughts and Prayers…

26 Likes

I was always told that if you are sorry for an action, you make amends for it…in other words, you can’t just say “I’m sorry and everything is fine”.

Dear Twitter, if you are sorry…DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT…like deleting the tweets or giving his account a short ban.

19 Likes

Can we maybe start referring to “conspiracy theorists” as “conspiracy hypothesizers?”

6 Likes

Never apologize-- it will cost you dearly?

2 Likes

I hate this country I hate the people running it I hate what we’ve devolved into and I hate that it’s all of business model for some asshole who the majority of Americans keep enabling.

I wish I could believe in God so I knew that there was a place these people would go when they die but I will never have that kind of peace of mind.

Jack Dosey, go to hell. And take your orange ballsack of a friend with you

29 Likes

Not able to send this message directly (not a Twitter user);
Gentlefolks,

Your refusal to silence Trump’s vicious lies is an egregious failure of honesty and simple decency. Do you not think such things are important? I would question your basic humanity; substituting greed, ignorance and avarice for what we need most (do no harm, observe the Golden Rule).

8 Likes

One problem is that a hypothesis needs at least a little thought and some connection to reality to be considered such.

I don’t know which technological development is worse, Twitter or the nuclear bomb. I think the former is doing more damage.

2 Likes

Thats not that big of a pile.

4 Likes

4 years ago I would never had agreed with you. We were on the mend from 8 years of ignorance.

Now here we are.

9 Likes

Twitter and Trump exist in a sick state of symbiosis. Neither will ever abandon the other because Twitter facilitated Trump’s rise to power and Trump’s antics on and off the platform are probably responsible for half the traffic on the service.

16 Likes

I blocked him, I recommend it, it’s not like you can reasonably avoid hearing about lots of his shit anyway. But it helps a little bit.

4 Likes

No we can’t. Hypotheses are testable by definition; otherwise its not a hypothesis. It is key to conspiracies that they not be disprovable. “Conspiracy nuts” or just “conspiracists” work. I prefer the latter as it has “racist” embedded in it just like so many of trump’s conspiracies

8 Likes

Indeed. Maybe “conspiracy hallucinators” would be even better.

8 Likes

I deleted my Twitter account years ago when it became obvious that they weren’t going to take any steps to get rid of the Nazis.

22 Likes

It’s not just Twitter, it’s all media: Trump has let them sell professional-wrestling-moron-screaming-match filth to people who really should know better, and all media outlets will circle the wagons in October to try to make sure their golden boy keeps them selling eyeballs for the latest Aristocrats performance.

But Twitter is easy: get rid of your account. Your account and every tweet you make with it puts money in the pocket of a nasty white supremacist. There is nothing valuable on Twitter. Face***k is harder: it’s a real, ubiquitous social network.

5 Likes