Portugal passes the world's first reasonable DRM law

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/23/law-no-36-2017.html

Portugal also has a sensible attitude to drugs. They seem to be doing something right.

Much less drugs?

Not what I would do but hey, the data doesn’t lie.

I applaud the Portugese lawmakers for doing this! :+1: :clap:

Now I hope Europe (and the rest of the world) will follow this example.

Would the smaller amount of drugs used be the cause of the sensible attitude towards drugs or could it maybe be the other way around?

Does this mean Portugal will now attract all scared but serious security researchers?

To benefit from this protection, do you need to work there? Live there? Never leave there again?

That’s what I’d like to know, good point!

Looks like Portugal has some means of preventing special interests from shitting all over people’s rights…

Might pay to look into that; see if this secret weapon can be duplicated elsewhere.

It appears to be the other way around. Portugal had a huge drug problem, and was completely failing to restrain it using USA-style jackboot tactics… just like everyone else… and then they got smart.

That seems cart/horse, and speaking of which, there’s a man I gotta go see…

That’s what I thought, thanks for backing it up with numbers and graphs!

Shhhhhhh. Please keep it down with the Portugal is so cool talk. I seriously want to move to Lisbon or Porto in the next few years and I don’t want a bunch of expat assholes other than me there.

Don’t worry. US foreign policy will take care of all that. Can’t continue to be the leader of the “free” world if somebody other than you has a success you can’t sabotage.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.