Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

I think this was our equivalent of the D&D Rust Monster and/or Ooze encounter.

2 Likes

Hey, if I’m gonna give you a non-lethal opponent that can be defeated with a word, I get to have some fun on the other side of the ledger. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also, incidentally: with a bit of training, equipping and buffing Ranar or Nic can be that skill-18 mass-slaughtering combat monster. They’re up around 15 already; a magic sword, some time in the dojo and a boost from the mages and we’re away…

2 Likes

Another BTW:

There’s a rule in Martial Arts for “beats”. Basically, it’s like a feint, but based on ST instead of DX. And whereas a feint weakens all defences against one opponent, a beat weakens one defence against all opponents.

I should’ve had Ranar concentrating on knocking the guard’s shield off line; will remember that next time we find a hard-to-hit foe.

Waiting on narrative posts from you guys describing your awakening.

Yes, and…?

I’m not seeing the inaccuracy. An omission of mentioning the weapons, yes, but discussion of those can probably wait until he has regained his fatigue.

Just hinting to speed the others along.

No inaccuracy, and leaving those out of the description is thoroughly in character for Hawk anyway.

1 Like

I’m still here and really enjoying it. Been a bit overwhelmed this month with both work and family stuff, which sometimes leaves me too drained to be creative, but trying to stay active as I can.

GM is waiting on action; there’ll be things to see as soon as one of y’all gets up and looks around.

Thwip will look at Ranar using his first aid training to see what needs to be done if anything.

Then he’ll ask again if anyone remembered to bring a first aid kit.

Roll vs First Aid…

Gizmo could provide a pocket-sized basic first aid kit.

Gizmo could provide a pocket-sized basic first aid kit.

I’ll take it.

@discbot roll 3d6 vs 14 for first aid skill

@William_George the 3d6 dice reads: 9 vs 14 for first aid skill (1,3,5)

Cool; you didn’t kill him. :slight_smile:

You can make Ranar comfortable and patch him up so that he’ll heal naturally in a few weeks…but given that the magic healer will be back on his feet in half an hour, that may have limited utility.

Regardless, you’ve done enough for 1HP of healing, so that’ll make Hawk’s job easier if nothing else.

Is there anything that looks like a good upgrade on my current weapons?

Who can assess them well? Nic?

Nic or Ranar.

And, yes, there’s a Tulwar amongst them.

Had there been any suggestion during Thwip’s hiring process that Aronn can speak Goblinese?

Nope; Thwip was hired in Anglish.