Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

Just to be clear, after making sure that Eabd is following orders and Lord Arron and his cargo are on their way to safety, Hawk will fit actions to words and book it out of there.

My memory is telling me that the big hall was up stairs from the entrance but that may be wrong. Can we get a full map of everything we explored before our patron broke it?

Since you could reconstruct it from the thread anyway:

The big chamber is upstairs from the entrance. The side chambers are upstairs from the big chamber. North is to the right.

The trap is designed to flood the exit like I thought.

The two questions are now: Were those designs in the ceiling in the first hall a trap for making a swim out impossible. And did our wedging the doors open stick?

I guess we’ll know when we get there.

Just waiting on a post from Nic.

Aronn/Nic/Hawk can’t see what’s happening yet, but I’m assuming that you’ll hear Thwip and Jibril screaming in a second or two.

Jibril’s sword is sheathed, Thwip’s rifle is slung, Ranar’s arsenal is likewise not in hand.

I’m assuming that you’ll hear Thwip and Jibril screaming in a second or two.

Done.

Thwip will try to run away as far as he can get, unsling, and start shooting wildly. Since they’re already upon him I figure aiming isn’t doable.

You’re dealing with Thing 1 and Thing 2?

1 Like

Hawk’s current strategy is to keep Thing 1, Thing 2, and their friends from harming Lord Arron for long enough for him to escape. His tactics for accomplishing that strategy are to put himself between Lord Arron and any current threat, and to try to hit these things square in the gem in hopes that that will disable them. However, he’s not a fighter, and he’ll follow the lead/orders of any of the more combat-experienced party members.

Critical Success for the Thing while shoulder-charging Jibril, BTW.

Pausing largely for dramatic effect here. I’ll do another post continuing the fight for a few more rounds tomorrow; if you want to revise your tactics before then, get in quick.

Optimal tactic: Yell for Eabd to start punching these things in the head.Get a shot or two off on his thing. Keep dodging until he gets dogpiled.

Less optimal: Get a shot or two off on his thing. Keep dodging until he gets dogpiled.

Least optimal: Keep dodging until he gets dogpiled.

Very least optimal: Get dogpiled.

BTW:

(“close combat” = in the same hex)

Also BTW: although Nic can do the rapier/main-gauche style, he has no training with a knife, much less an off-hand one. You’d be rolling against skill 5 to hit with the knife, and 7 to parry with it. You can use it for a cross parry (+2 to your rapier parry, but no multiple parries that turn), but you might be better off with the cloak (+2 to all defences).

For Jibril, getting up takes two seconds: one turn to go to kneeling, one turn to stand. Defences are penalised while you’re down.

Exact words?

“Eabd. Komm halp us fight zeez zings!”

Or, depending on how the next turn goes, “Eabdggggggaaa!”

I figure Nic would know how to order it around in an effective way should it enter the fray. Which I’m not sure it’ll do now since the long dead wizard who designed this place has been several steps ahead of us the entire way.

Close with Thwip and fight back-to-back so that we can’t each get swarmed.

Other than that, same tactics: aim for the gem.

The gems are about the same size as an eye; -9 to hit, miss by one hits skull/brain instead. All of the low-numbered attackers made all-out or committed attacks, though, so a telegraphic might get through.

All right then.

Just close back-to-back with Thwip and try to fight them off as best I can.

1 Like

I guess I’ll get up.

You can slash some kneecaps while you’re doing it. Or poke 'em with the torch. :slight_smile:

There are two in close combat with you. The torch counts as a light club (baton).