Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

For al-Haz:

For al-Wazif:

The national rulers (Sultan/Caliph) are Rank 7.

2 Likes

Good-o. I was trying to pick a location Jibril could be from. I can work w/this. Ta muchly

Posts on the narrative thread from all players would be good. Where are you, what are you holding, what are you saying, what are you doing?

@Mitchell Give me a roll vs vision (12 for Nic), at -3 for bad lighting (they’re more than a few yards distant).

BTW, if you’re wondering how hard plate is to get through, it varies from DR 3 to 9 depending upon how thick it is. Usually in the middle of the range.

If you can’t get through armour, you can go for chinks or eyeslits at a large to-hit penalty, or you can get up close and try for trips and locks and grapples and things.

BTW: Sultan of al-Haz, Caliph of al-Wazif.

2 Likes

@discbot roll 1d6-3

@Mitchell the d6-3 dice reads: 1

3d6 vs 9 (12 - 3) is what you’re after.

Opps. @discbot roll 3d6 - 3

@Mitchell the 3d6 dice reads: 10 - 3 (2,3,5)

Missed by one. There’s something there, but you’re not quite sure what; the lighting isn’t good enough to make it out.

Ball’s with you guys; somebody needs to put a post on the narrative thread if you want to try the names thing.

I’m not doing it. Thwip is soft and spongy.

Sorry guys, have another work pile on. Still checking in when I can.

The guards have Polearm-12; they’re doing telegraphic thrusts at your torso, which lifts them to skill-16 but gives you +2 to defend.

You can only Block once per turn, so you’ll need to Dodge at least one if both are on target.

@discbot roll 3d6 vs 16 to hit from guard #1
@discbot roll 3d6 vs 16 to hit from guard #2

@Wanderfound the 3d6 dice reads: 12 vs 16 to hit from guard #1 (2,4,6)
@Wanderfound the 3d6 dice reads: 11 vs 16 to hit from guard #2 (3,2,6)

Hawk has Block-11 and Dodge-9. You can Retreat on one of the defences, giving a +1 to Block or +3 to Dodge (I’d recommend using the Retreat with the Dodge
).

The Telegraphic attacks give a +2. If you retreat with the Dodge, you’ll be rolling against Block-13 and Dodge-14.

As in trying to parry on Hawk’s behalf, or trying to disarm the guard?

A normal halberd is pushing the limits of how big a weapon can be effectively parried with a normal tulwar; these are Very Big halberds. Against a full swing, your sword would snap like a twig.

By rules as written, parrying anything more than three times your weapon weight risks breaking it, anything more than six times guarantees breaking it. These halberds look to be well over twenty pounds.

How much does my weapon weigh?

I was trying to put its aim off.

Jibril’s tulwar weighs 3lbs.

Because he’s thrusting and it’s not aimed directly at you, I’d probably rule that the sword doesn’t break but the parry is ineffective; you just clang off his weapon.

Feel free to revise, though; it’s a rules knowledge thing, so take-backs are cool.