Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

BTW: I sent Thwip’s shot at the right hand guard (Jibrīl’s immediate opponent) because a shot at the other one would’ve risked hitting Ranar.

So…

3d6, trying to get below 12?

Hmm, yeah, on second thought grappling isn’t quite right, would most likely just end up being a rather awkward bear hug. :smile:

Will stick with simple and direct - a hammer-bash to the knee.

Since things have got a little fighty around here I’ll layout Nic’s basic tactics and wait to see if everybody lives.

To start with he’ll try and get around behind the enemy while they’re busy trying to stick Ranar and Jibril, then try to trip one. Then depending on how that works out either try to keep it down or keep changing distance to keep them shifting reach - trying to get in as many attacks as possible while minimising their ability to fight back.
And he’ll suggest the same basic tactic to the other melee fighters.

Nope: 3d6 trying to roll 14 or less to hit. The guards will have a bonus to their parry (if they parry at all).

S’all good

@discbot roll 3d6 to cut at the shoulder, vs 14 to hit.

I’ll then step forward one hex and turn to face

@daneel the 3d6 dice reads: 5 to cut at the shoulder, vs 14 to hit. (1,3,1)

Okay; I’ve got a tactical outline from everyone except Hawk. @nimelennar, what’s Hawk planning on doing during the fight?

Are y’all happy with switching to GM autopilot once I have Hawk’s plan, or would you prefer to keep it in PC control for a few more turns?

The guard makes no attempt to defend itself; roll for damage (1d6+2).

I’m good with autopilot from here.

Autopilot me…

I figure Thwip is aware that his gun does nothing of note so he’ll hold his shots for times when it looks like the melee fighters could use a distraction… if his shots take attention away from them. Obviously if he’s likely to hit someone he won’t fire either.

If the sentinels get knocked over, he will draw his blade and join in on the dogpile. He’s 98lbs soaking wet but I figure any weight added to keep the sentinels from standing up and poking people will be helpful.

That’s my plan for the fight. So autopilot away.

Do you want me to do this?

That was the intent, but if you’d rather I take over from here that’s cool too.

No, I can do it. I feel lucky. I got the low numbers out of the way.

@discbot roll 1d6+2 for damage

(edit: …or I might roll another 1)

1 Like

@daneel the d6+2 dice reads: 3 for damage

Autopilot’s fine with me

I plan on staying behind the others, with shield up, healing if necessary, and taking advantage of opportunities to get in cheap shots.

With no armour and little chance of doing damage with my weapon of choice, it seems imprudent to do more.

And yes, autopilot is fine.

Just resolved the fight, writing it up now.

In my notes, I’ve been referring to the halberdiers as “Right Guard” and “Left Guard”.

So now, of course, I can’t help but picture them looking like this…

:slight_smile: