Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

To clarify: there is no box. There is a cabinet, which may have a hidden compartment, and has (at least) two hidden latch triggers on its base.

Ballā€™s with you lot.

Hawk, if you fail your spell roll the fizzle costs 1FP. Thwip, youā€™ve got two levers to play with; one untouched, one depressed and showing a needle.

Oh, the other one didnā€™t get opened before the poke?

Once heā€™s sure the other trapā€¦ if there is oneā€¦ has been triggered by Ranarā€™s bolt, heā€™ll try to pop the levers.

Carefully

If! he canā€™t manage avoiding the needles and triggering the latches at the same time due to leverage, needle position, and just basic anatomy heā€™ll take one and get a volunteer for the other. My assumption as a player is that both will need to be pressed at the same time so on a ā€œReady. Steady. Go!ā€

Or, in Thwipspeak, ā€œRitty Stitty Goh!ā€

Are we playing with the ā€œprecise and articulateā€ rules (Magic book page 9, inset on top-right)?
Thereā€™s a big probability difference between rolling a 10 on 3d6 and rolling an 11.

Yup. Double casting time, +1 to skill.

Let me know how much energy is coming from FP vs powerstones. If you use any HP, itā€™s -1 skill per HP expended.

If Iā€™m still at 4 FP, Iā€™ll use 3 FP of my own, and one from the 1-pt powerstone. And then go crawl and hide in a corner for an hour.

All right, here we go.

@discbot roll 3d6 vs 11 to neutralize an unknown poison

@nimelennar the 3d6 dice reads: 6 vs 11 to neutralize an unknown poison (1,3,2)

Well.

That was a much better roll than I expected. Almost a crit. All right, Iā€™ll write it up.

@Wanderfound, For future reference, does Poisons default to anything (like herb lore, or naturalist, or survival)?

I realized after this whole mess that I could have made my task much easier by just trying to identify the poison on a default.

Poisons defaults to IQ-6, Chemistry-5, Pharmacy (any)-3, or Physician-3. There are a few diagnostic spells (Body Reading, etc) that would each add +2 to a Poisons roll, too.

Huh. An 8. Probably wouldnā€™t have helped. Ah well. Thanks.

Ballā€™s with you lot again.

Jibrīl and Thwip wanna have a bash at the box while Hawk rests up?

What do I need to roll?

See narrative thread. :slight_smile:

I decided to skip the initial rolls for the sake of dramatic convenience.

Picking the locks one at a time obviously isnā€™t going to do it. Whatā€™s your plan?

Okay; to pick all four locks simultaneously (only the final bit needs to be simultaneous, you can pick the locks 90% of the way and hold them there while working on the next), each of Jibrīl and Thwip will need to make two lockpicking rolls, with the off-hand one at -2. If any of the rolls fail, you need to start again.

17+ is a Critical Failure. Try not to do that. :slight_smile:

Thwip will need to use his Gizmo advantage to acquire lockpicks.

Iā€™m guessing that in the course of searching this room, weā€™ve explored the far side and found no exits other than the way we came in?

Yup. Dead end.

@discbot roll 3d6 vs 12 to resist curiousness

@Daaksyde the 3d6 dice reads: 5 vs 12 to resist curiousness (3,1,1)

@discbot roll 3d6 vs 12 to resist impulsiveness