Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

@discbot roll 3d6 vs 11 for dexterity check

@nimelennar the 3d6 dice reads: 9 vs 11 for dexterity check (5,2,2)

Your Magery Advantage lets you recognise that they’re magic, but actually identifying specifically what they are would require Alchemy skill (which you don’t have, but you could hire an alchemist in town).

@discbot roll 3d6 lockpicking check vs. 13

@daneel the 3d6 dice reads: 8 lockpicking check vs. 13 (1,6,1)

Lucky; that one had a better lock than last time. -3 to pick, so you made it in 50 seconds.

1 Like

BTW, things you can do if you ever get back to a city with loot:

• Armour. Armour is good. Armour doesn’t have to be heavy, but light armour is expensive. Even if you don’t see your PC clumping around in full plate, consider a brigandine vest or similar.

• Weapons. Fine metallurgy, balanced weapons, enchanted weapons; these are all available for a cost. High quality swords cost thousands, magic swords cost tens of thousands. Impact and missile weapons are somewhat cheaper, but still pricey.

• Powerstones. Mages can never have too many powerstones.

• Magic swords are expensive, but magic arrows are relatively cheap. Similarly, getting your armour lightened and toughened a bit doesn’t cost much.

• Scrolls are super-cheap, and allow a mage to cast (once) any spell they’ve got written down. Spell stones are not too expensive, and allow anyone to cast a minor spell one time.

• Potions. Healing, speed, invisibility, poisons, smoke bombs, etc.

Clockwork owls?

1 Like

I thought he might have been able to say, “Oh, well, this is definitely a Potion of Minor Healing, since I’ve had one before.”

Apparently not. 'Scool.

Are the racks and cabinets against the walls?

Against the walls and free-standing. Set up like a library or filing room.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to fit in a “Master of unlocking” reference but it’s been evading me

Good/bad/indifferent?

Your heart is racing, you’re breathing fast and you feel a bit nauseous. :slight_smile:

Just to reinforce that I’m playing fair: Jibril passed his roll to detect the trigger, failed his roll to detect the trap, failed his roll to avoid the trap.

Traps-12 is competent, but not expert.

1 Like

The compartment, if there is one, still isn’t open. All that happened is that Jibrīl pressed a hidden lever and got spiked.

BTW, potions of poison resistance are another thing you can buy in town. :slight_smile:

That’s just Thwip passing gas. You’re fine.

Going by my rare looking at his character sheet, it turns out that Thwip has many of the same skills as Jabril when it comes to things needing to be opened. I think he can back him up on the safe cracking and trap spotting. So when he gets the box Thwip will try to continue where Jabril left off.

Don’t need it. I just need to put points into the Poisons skill so that I’m not at -5 to cast Neutralize Poison.

Maybe with something to protect his hands? That spell takes a bunch of energy to cast, and it’s never fun to have two patients on the go.