Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

Nic or Ranar.

And, yes, there’s a Tulwar amongst them.

Had there been any suggestion during Thwip’s hiring process that Aronn can speak Goblinese?

Nope; Thwip was hired in Anglish.

I take it Nic could assess the bladed weapons, but the bludgeoning ones are more Ranar’s wheelhouse.
Or can he judge well-enough on basic principles and experience at the other end of them?

You can tell just by looking that the metallurgy and craftsmanship is good, and they appear to be intended as serious weapons. But testing the balance requires picking them up. Anyone vaguely proficient should be able to tell good from bad in that respect.

To cut to the chase: the weapons are all Balanced and Fine:

I’ll let y’all do the math to estimate the value of the collection [1]. :slight_smile:

[1] To begin with: the rapier alone would cost about $8,000 to have made, although you won’t get full price second-hand.

For weapon prices, weights and required skills:

The Tulwar has the same stats as a Thrusting Broadsword. The Cutlass is lacking the usual basket hilt, so use the same stats as a Shortsword.

Also:

Reminder that there’s an unexplored door at the end of the hall:

I figure if it can wait 500 years, it can wait for Ranar’s drinking arm to heal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was waiting for confirmation that everyone else had grabbed the toys they wanted before I went off opening more doors and causing more trouble.

Last I read Ranar was in pain. Aronn was discombobulated. And Hawk was taking a nap.

We should figure out Eabd and if it can be used as a battering ram later on too. Or if we can free it to send it to go fight evil. Or just tell it to wait before leaping next time.

47.25lbs in total for the weaponry, BTW. And some of it’s a bit awkward to carry if you’re not using it (halberd etc).

Axes, maces, picks and hammers all use the same DX/Average skill. The Morningstar uses a different DX/Hard skill, but it’s -2 to Block and -4 to Parry.

The cutlass would suit Thwip, the spear Hawk (although, unlike his old spear, it’s not currently enchanted as a mage’s staff). Tulwar for Jibril, Rapier for Nic.

Who’s carrying the rest? Nic, are you keeping your cheap rapier?

So, what would Thwip know of the making of automata, and possibly golems, and any relation to those and what Eabd is?

Are they specialized wizards only stuff or something people sort of know about?

Close examination of Eabd reveals him to be hollow, like the gate guards.

Likely magically powered. Not Thwip’s subject.

Yup, but the external situation is stable. Pacing of the game is in the hands of you guys.

I think this would be a reasonable spot for a transition cut-scene. Something like (but maybe more eloquently written):

While the others scout around and examine the weapons and Eabd, Blue Hawk and Aronn wake up. Blue Hawk checks out the situation, calls upon the spirits to heal those among the team who need healing, but then needs to rest again to recover. Aronn wants to keep moving, and tries to encourage everyone to do so, but he’s tired too, and it’s as good a time to rest as any, so everyone does. Then everyone wakes up and…

I don’t want to cut anyone short, or write anyone else’s story, of course. Just a suggestion to keep things moving, since we seem to be waiting on each other.

I want more camaraderie and/or wacky hijinks between characters!

If Eabd does’t follow Thwip into the hall and the other room, he’ll stop his experiment knowing it can’t go far from it’s cubbyhole. He’ll then regretfully tell the rest of the party that we do not have a battering ram for the rest of the dungeon.

If it does follow him all of the way, he will gladly tell the rest of the party that we have a battering ram.