Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

Drum gets left behind, since any magic is to be surreptitious.
Other than that, he’s an unarmoured mercenary. Spear and shield shouldn’t be too out of the ordinary. Everything else comes with (unless the powerstone on the necklace is conspicuous).

ETA: I just started reading character sheets.

We have a character with both the “curious” and the “impulsive” disads?

We’re doomed.

2 Likes

Morton’s travelling pretty light so he’ll stick with what he has.

BTW, re: encumbrance. Up near the top of the first page of the character sheets you can see encumbrance levels. Being overly loaded up reduces move and dodge, increases hiking and fighting fatigue, and penalises agility-based skills such as climbing, swimming and fencing (so low encumberance is extra important for Nicolas).

Your sheets are (now) set up to calculate encumbrance with weapons but without rucksacks. Thanks to the weight of his armour and shield, Ranar is at light encumbrance even if he leaves the rucksack behind. If you went out with just armour and pick (no pack, no shield, no crossbow), you’d be at no encumbrance.

Can I leave my rucksack but take my rope?

1 Like

If you take the rucksack, you’re at medium encumberance. Without it, no encumberance. Leave it at the inn?

1 Like

Sure, no probs.

1 Like

Ahh, good call. Yup, leave at the inn!

1 Like

Just an incidental note, since we’re headed out at night: Banestorm elves and dwarves are no better at seeing in the dark then humans are (night vision is common amongst dwarves, but not universal, and many elves are able to magically enhance their night vision). Goblins, OTOH, can see perfectly in anything short of pitch-black.

1 Like

I was thinking Nicolas has been in Tredroy for a bit longer than most of the others. Long enough to have done a job or two and have a small room, but not long enough to be all that familiar with the city - if that’s ok.

In which case, his backpack and bow will be in his room already.

And some Quirks:

• Detests Knights
  • Money burns a hole in his pocket - Nicolas rarely holds on to money for very long, unless he’s saving for something specific. And even then the longer it takes the more likely he is to dip into his “savings”.
  • Always knows where the exits are, it’s the first thing he looks for in every location.
  • Takes up space - Nicolas never just sits, he sprawls

Edit Could I do a flashback to have a word with barman to try for some more details about the job,

Sounds doable. Gimme your approach to the barman so I have something to base it on.

Bang on.

And I’ll put the approach to the barman up in the narrative thread shortly

Wow. Our patron seems to be Raistlin Majere.

1 Like

@William_Holz Squeaking noise?

He has tinnitus, haven’t updated that bit of his character sheet! :slight_smile:

Ah, okay. You were replying to my action where my character was thinking about summoning mice in vengeance for the barista’s disrespect, and I was just making sure you didn’t think he’d actually done it. Or, at least, not yet.

@Wanderfound: I don’t want to make a separate post for this in the narrative thread, but Hawk will ignore Morton and keep trying to listen for information on Lord Arron.

I was actually being kind of silly in the prior reply and the association was actually with a character quirk.

Yes, I understand that now, but I didn’t when you originally posted it.

1 Like

Gotcha! All’s groovy!

Okay, I’m confused here. Who is this Pasha al-Paradin? Is he someone distinct from the Sultan? Or are the citizens happy with how the city is being run but not the country as a whole?

The Sultan Mamoun al-Mansur (officially) rules al-Haz, although his Viziers may hold more power in reality.

Officials appointed by the Sultan are called Pashas, with their rank denoted by horsetails (i.e. a “Pasha of one horsetail” is of fairly low rank). West Tredroy is ruled by the Pasha of Three Horsetails, Khalid Abdallah ibn-Ali al-Paradin; Pasha of One Horsetail Hassan al-Qawi commands the guards at the Grand Mosque; etc.