Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

“I’d like t’ haff Lord Aronn put t’ map table b’tween him an t’ dor shouldt sometin slip past yi. I’ll try t’ stand in t’ blind spot o’er tere in t’ no magick room an ambush tem shouldt tey come in.”

Going by the dungeon map I think Aronn having as much map table between him and any Thing that may come through the door is good. So upper left. I’d like to position Thwip in the doorway of the anti-magic room where there seems to be both a clear sight of anything coming in as well as room to track anything going around the table.

Or over it for that matter.

EDIT: Though maybe having him in the anti-magic room as a defence against magical corpses might be a better idea until the lads clear out the Things at out door. Then he can move back to the map table once they’ve proceeded?

@discbot roll 3d6 vs 12 (2FP/6HP Major Heal of Jibril; includes -3 to skill for second heal within 24 hrs)

@nimelennar the 3d6 dice reads: 8 vs 12 (2FP/6HP Major Heal of Jibril; includes -3 to skill for second heal within 24 hrs) (2,5,1)

For future reference, what’s everyone’s full HP? I healed Jibrīl to 10, which should be enough for combat (and make it so that Hawk only needs 10 minutes to recover the FP spent), but I don’t know how wounded he still is.

15 for Ranar, 12 for Nic, 11 for Jibril, 10 for Hawk/Thwip.

Okay, cool. So Hawk can spend 2FP to heal himself, and 3FP to heal Thwip, but that’ll leave him back down at 3FP (35 min recovery to full). And Jibril barely has a scratch.

It’s very possible that he’ll fail (chances of rolling 12 or lower on 3d6 three times in a row are about 40%; but, since we know he succeeded the first time, odds are about 54% for two rolls). That’d be another FP if he fails. Very unlikely, but not impossible, that he fails more than once.

Once again, if he’s full on FP, Hawk can get cast Breathe Water on three people for one minute’s duration before needing to rest again.

Assuming we can’t find a control room and either drain the water, or lower a rope down from the hole in the ceiling.

Aronn advises that all of the non-combat party waits in the anti-magic room until the fighters clear the hallway, then he’ll stand by the door to relay information between Hawk and Thwip. He can probably make it to the anti-magic room in time if the Things get past Hawk, and he’d prefer to keep his magical abilities available as much as possible.

1 Like

I’ll narrate the charge out the door as soon as someone answers that question…

The order through the door will be Eabd/Ranar/Nic/Jibril/Hawk. Thwip will stay in the anti-magic room ready to cover a last-ditch retreat, Aronn will stay by the door and watch Hawk, Hawk will stop at the top of the stairs leading down to the main hall. If it goes bad, everybody runs to Thwip.

All assuming that Eabd/Ranar/Nic/Jibril successfully bash the Things back from the door, of course.

then he’ll stand by the door to relay information between Hawk and Thwip.

Thwip will frowny face at this but eventually see the logic in as he’s a stiff breeze away from visiting Issac again.

Epic post, brah.

1 Like

BTW: Thwip/Hawk/Aronn aren’t going to be the centre of action for a while, so feel free to Thwip it up to pass the time. There’s a table to play with and Hawk and Aronn to chatter to. :slight_smile:

@nimelennar sorry, I completely missed my chance to reply to your question. I should’ve been paying more attention to the thread.

So far, you’ve observed Things appearing through the wall at the bit marked S on the map.

I’m not yet clear on exactly what y’all are planning on doing once you get to that bit of wall.

The plan was to head into the section behind that wall to look for a command/control room. So, I imagine we’re going to see if we can move through the wall like the things were, and if not - Ranar and Eabd stand watch on the wall/secret door, while Nic and Jibril look for a switch or trigger.

Failing that, we’ll have to try and nab one of them head-gems - probably by wrangling a thing - and see if that will let us walk on through the wall. But we’ll sort that attempt after the less Steve Irwinesqe options are tried.

1 Like

Oooooohhhh. That’s what that is.

Revolving door. Amazing technology. We can make millions when we bring it back to Tredroy.

1 Like

@discbot roll 3d6 vs 13 to block

@Daaksyde the 3d6 dice reads: 3 vs 13 to block (1,1,1)

Crit success! I’d say that means that you not only blocked, you also somewhat impaled the thrown Thing on your shield boss.

First, Thwip is shooting to keep the Things focused on him and not Blue Hawk or Aronn. So he’s not really aiming for a kill.

Second, I’m traveling right now so all my replies are via my phone so they will be short and likely late.

And possibly filled with viruses since I doubt the hotel wifi is very secure.

Here. Enjoy Seoul.

2 Likes