Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

We thought Chaplin was chihuahua/rat terrier, but after seeing some pictures online we now think he’s maybe half Mexican Hairless (Xoloitzcuintli)
Chaplin:

Generic coated Xolo:

16 Likes

We picked up Shelock from the pound yesterday eve. He had a couple spare parts they needed to keep before he could go, or as the one worker put it, “snip, snip.” That got taken care of.

“Free at last.”

Trip to the pet store to get some supplies. Had to get food, a crate, a harness/lead, and some toys.

Once we made it to the toy aisle he was quite helpful in pointing out which toys he was interested in. He also kept jumping into this bin. We’d pull him out. He’d hop back in. I can understand it, it’s nice soft spot that’s just the right size.

We’ve never had a small dog before. He’s really easy to carry, which is odd for us, but it works.

Taking a cruise with the octopus and yeti toys he selected.

We got home. The octopus didn’t last long at all. Happily, he still likes it even without any stuffing.

Playing pull.

He’s settled in, he likes his crate, has enjoyed a few walks, and is enjoying getting a lot of attention, playing with the new toys, and eating cheese. He’s a little picky so far, though he just had a surgery and everything’s changing. He was really skinny when they picked him up, so we’ll work on putting some weight on him. He’s a very, very sweet natured little guy, completely loves people, he get’s so happy/excited when anyone shows up. As he got more comfortable around us he got to be a little bit more of a spazz, though we figured he would perk up some once we got him out of dog jail.

24 Likes

He’s in the bin clearly saying “I would like all of these toys, please, dad.”

14 Likes

Beautiful dog, nice expression. Hug

6 Likes

The carrying / puppy hug photo is super sweet. Sherlock has at least one BFF, and probably more, the cute little dickens.

8 Likes

Those ears are fantastic.

6 Likes

Jumping in the toy bin reminds me of when a friend of mine adopted a greyhound. They bought her a special bed and the first week or so they’d show it to her every night. And each time she’d be very timid and give them an expression that said, “For me? Really?”

That was sad but she eventually got over it.

10 Likes

The bin pic made me laugh some of my lunch right out of my mouth!

7 Likes

OMG SO CUTE. Our old dog was a toy destroyer too; I once bought him a toy that was supposedly indestructible (reinforced seams etc.), and I can tell you it wasn’t true. But thankfully he never chewed up anything that didn’t belong to him.

10 Likes

It turns out small dogs can’t handle long walks.

19 Likes

Oh, no! How long was the walk? Maybe he just needs to work up to the distances? That’s a definite full stop.:smile:

4 Likes

We’ve mostly been doing short walks, but this was around 1/8 mile, which still seemed pretty short. He’s light and easy to carry, though. I’m not sure if he was really tired or just messing around, since he’s a serious goof. He also doesn’t have the concept of “going for a walk” fully understood, since when we take him for walks he doesn’t check poles for dog pee, but just kind of wanders along mostly sniffing at grass. One time he stopped, rolled in the grass a few times, then got up and carried on. Happily, it’s fun.

13 Likes

Appointment booked for tomorrow at 2:30 PM to visit a female salt & pepper hedgehog baby at a breeder.

Princess Petunia Pricklepants?
Princess Philomena Pricklepants?
Princess Prudence Pricklepants?
Princess Primrose Pricklepants?
Princess Zenobia Pricklepants?
Princess Boudicca Pricklepants?
Princess Petunia Pricklepants?

Time will tell…

18 Likes

When I was young, I had three successive white rats all named George. The last two were females.

Why change a good name?

10 Likes

Princess Patience Pricklepants?

8 Likes

I love that you’ve also scheduled the Adoration of the Hedgehog and a second naming debate. I’m picturing a rap battle.

10 Likes

And don’t forget the scheduled photoshoot for the upcoming Photoshop!

7 Likes

I’m thinking with the new princess we’re just going to shoot film and then make prints to to take a newer more physical, tactile approach. Digital is a fad. We’re going with Lomography for artisanal, hand-crafted authenticity.

10 Likes

You seem pretty set on Petunia… I’m trying to do something with Boudicca ________bottom.

4 Likes

Gum bichromate or GTFO.

6 Likes