Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

12 Likes

Emperor Palpakitty!

4 Likes

Helping with the dishes

9 Likes

So far this is their absolute favorite baby toy.

9 Likes

My two fight over all the high spots, mainly because Ruby wonā€™t let Tasha have her alone time. Iā€™m thinking I need to build a cat tree with platforms of equal height spaced far apart.

7 Likes

The best spot is always where the other one is sleeping: itā€™s nice and warm!

5 Likes

Any other cat parents here seen website before?

http://furwoodforest.com/

They are lovely, but itā€™s one of those where you gotta ask the priceā€¦

5 Likes

Nice. Mrs. The Ratel found one covered in leaves. Also no listed price.

Noriā€™s just going to have to settle for the PetsMart special.

We do want to get a few more in the future, and have plans to build a bridge from this one to the top of our new bookshelves.

8 Likes

Feline pedantry: catwalk is the technical term.
[Edit: yes.]

5 Likes

I found the price by clicking on the the different ones that are listed, on right hand side?

But too rich for my bloodā€¦The first one is $429.00 (3-level).

2 Likes

Ah! You dug further than I did!

Sheesh! At that price, the cat is SURE to ignore it!

5 Likes

I keep thinking I should really make scratching posts. Righteous bucks!

2 Likes

Same problem (in my experience, at least). Spend time or money on a thing, cats will turn their nose up. Throw away a shoe box, itā€™s their new bed for the next 5 years. Of course, you could make it and enjoy doing so, making it worth it, even if the cat never sits on it.

One of my aunts sent my daughter a crinkly bag thingie for her cat - cat ignored it. But the aunt Linda Memorial box still gets regular use by kitty.

4 Likes

Yep. My cat gets excited over wadded up paper receipts and toilet paper tubes.

5 Likes

Cat trees are something special, though. They love the altitude and the scratchy bits. Iā€™d love to make my own, but Iā€™ve had to accept that I havenā€™t the time.

And making things myself has never saved me any money.

5 Likes
9 Likes

babywatersnake

Baby northern water snake (Nerodia sipedon sipedon (L)) on the walk by the back porch. Probably a little under six inches long.

These guys are madly aggressive if they think they are threatened or their territory is being invaded. This one tried to bite me about a dozen times!

9 Likes

This is Norbert, for contrast. He is a pretty little checkered eastern garter snake (Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis (L)) that mistakenly believes he is very tough and scary. Most garter snakes do not have an attitude, Norbert is ā€œspecialā€.

9 Likes

Isnā€™t he beautiful? Oh, bless him!

10172834e2b9c5298a704bd86880c87f91f9e342_hq

5 Likes

Foster Kitten, BK, showing off his Brazilian wax after getting snippedā€¦

Edit: heā€™s 11 lbs at ~6 months ā€“ heā€™s gonna be a big boy (with a little head).

12 Likes