Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

11 Likes

You’ve all been on the journey with us. We’re taking Rocky and the kitten (we’ve named her Scamp) back to the shelter tomorrow to get them in the system. They’re all hard to hand back over, but this is by far the toughest one yet. :cry::sob:

19 Likes

That’s some good humaning.

Michael Scott Wink GIF

14 Likes

Why do I have a weird feeling that Scamp is going to return to you? :heart_eyes_cat: Dat nose!

14 Likes

It’s definitely one of my fantasies that we’ll be visiting new friends in the area and a kitty will come out and it will be one of our friends from fostering :heart:
I do hope to see them again. Always. But especially these two.

14 Likes

what a beautiful tortie! i have always loved torties! like me, they just couldn’t figure out what to wear.
had a manx tortie named Miss Inclined, then another called Fubar and finally one that the kid’s mom took with her was called Picasso.
i know it must be hard, but you definitely help to socialize these fur babies and that is good work. i fostered pitties when i was in Mesa. they are big love sponges and they all leave paw prints all over our hearts!

14 Likes

I had to zoom in on the second one, it looks like kitty is reading a book.

15 Likes

Ha! That’s such a perfect name! I think at first we might’ve named this one Miss Anthrope. She was very spicy. I’m glad she could be here with us these last weeks.
I was really worried about bringing her back to the shelter, so we had a bunch of people over to see how she would do and she did great. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I like the picture you paint, of the paw prints on our hearts.

Cute! I was trying to capture how active she is, for her adoption bio. But I’m sure she’s also a literary kitty.

14 Likes

Something my friends did when they adopted directly from the foster was to set up a Google album and invite her. They’ll upload a pic or two a month so she can continue to see them

ETA: of course I too am able to view the album. Because my friends love me :two_hearts:

12 Likes

I gave him some cat food. But I think He wanted my meal.

ETA

Happy hour dog

17 Likes

Egret.

17 Likes

I had to zoom in on the second one to see what the heck is on the wall under the radiator, and I still don’t know. An artist’s depiction of water erupting from the pipes? A very flat octopus trying to eat the pipes? ?? ??

6 Likes

Your home doesn’t have a pipetopus?

9 Likes

I rent, sadly, the lease prohibits pets.

ETA: Oh! I think it’s a ghost using a periscope? Or, its eyes have become a periscope. So it may be an underwater ghost. The ghost of an octopus.

8 Likes

Kiddo can recite the placeholder names of all the kittens she/we have helped our kitten foster neighbor with over the last year and a half. Definitely some favorites (and a few tragic) ones among all the cuteness, so it’s for the best that we are the auxiliary, not the primary.

Scamp will be snatched up quickly—she’s off-the-charts adorable, plus it’s not kitten season yet. And Rocky is a young cat with personality plus and well socialized now, thanks to you.

Good work, and kitten hugs!

11 Likes

We just brought them in. :cry::sob:
I know they’ll end up in great homes, our shelter is amazing. But, yikes, this one turned me into a bit of a watering pot.

Oh, and @zfirphdn - the thing under the radiator, it’s a little thing I made to cover the holes from the radiator pipes coming through the wall. Good on you for noticing from the side, it is indeed an octopus, though only 4 of her appendages are visible. I thought I’d paint it more colorfully once we were done with the rest of the renovations, and I might, if that ever happens.

16 Likes

Oh I’m sure it may cover some holes, but I’ll prefer to believe that that’s just a secondary effect :smile:

Best wishes for all your your kitty/cat fostering, and thanks for posting pics :heart:

10 Likes

Gosling season has started early.
There will be more and clearer shots in the coming months

14 Likes

The only type of Canada goose that is acceptable!

14 Likes
12 Likes