Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

What an amazing image.

Gotta be a Mobius Snake.

9 Likes

That wasn’t my photo. I grabbed one off the interwebs, but it looks exactly like the little guy we stumbled upon.

6 Likes

Thanks all for your kind words at the passing of our old cat.

We can’t be in a house too long without a cat, and so we now have not one but two ten-month-old sister kittens. Meet Poppy and Pickle. Poppy is the mischievous and extremely bouncy calico, her sister Pickle is still a little more standoffish but occasionally loving tabby.

21 Likes

Yesterday, our daredevil Kiki decided to jump from our third floor balcony, and break a paw :cry:.
Luckily, no internal damage detected.

She’ll undergo surgery in a couple of hours - I’ll update the post later :crossed_fingers:
She probably did it for solidarity with me (just out of a cast, but 2000 km away!).

EtA: Surgery postponed to tomorrow (another incoming emergency). Both a second X-ray and an echography confirm that, apart from the bone, she is fine.
Will post when I have an update.

21 Likes

Pickle!
fe74ea830e8ac1d555c025bb3bf24f33

a long cherished multi-generational children’s book handed down in my family and read to generations of kids since i was a tot: Pickle, The Fire Cat!

13 Likes

Don’t think that I have shared our most recent street cat, Noodles.
He’s a very good boy so far (had him ~4 weeks now; nobody has claimed him, so hoping to find a home).

His name came from his tendency to drop and act all noodly… (originally called him Flounder, but it didn’t seem to catch his attention, but he did react when I’d say noodly)
If anybody knows of a good owner in S. Cal, let me know

ezgif-2-7f16dc2d2c

20 Likes

17 Likes

19 Likes

Octopus :octopus: love

14 Likes

Poor kitty. He had dental surgery this morning, two teeth pulled, and cannot walk straight. The Princess keeps hissing at him and he doesn’t want to snuggle yet.
At least the birbs are distracting

20 Likes

Update on our beloved Kiki.
In the end, she also had the rear right leg broken.
Probably she landed on her right side, front leg first.

So here she is, after surgery for the front leg and “just” a cast on the rear one, she ate a little and now she’s sleeping:

Surgery went well, with the insertion of a plate, but as the “elbow” joint was seriously damaged (lot of bone splinters, impossible to rebuild), there’s the risk that it will never be back to 100% :cry: :crossed_fingers:

18 Likes

This was our first camping trip without old man.

We took one kitty with us and left two at home for our daughter and neighbor to keep an eye on.

We made a tent for her to hide in, lots of activity all week so she either burrowed under her bed and blankets or watched out the window.

And we should know better than to let our daughter have all the time in the world access to our house while we’re gone. She hid more tiny things, this time it’s bunnies.

Our washing machine bit the dust right before we left, when we got home this was on our digital frame and we got sad.

GIF_20240410_164032_360

19 Likes

The tiny bunnies are adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I don’t suppose your daughter knows where I could find little cats like that?

10 Likes

Isn’t that the oddest thing? The smells that kitties pick up during surgery temporarily freaks out the remaining kitties at home. This happened with our cats, too. I wonder if it’s the residual smell of anesthesia that bothers them?

10 Likes

I thought that was it except she never hissed either at Fuzz-bot or the Old Man before. The Old Man hissed at any who returned from the vet and also at everyone else when he was the only one who went. It’s only now that he’s gone from our lives that she’s hissing. I’m confused :thinking:
Maybe she feels someone needs to take up that duty now that the Old Man isn’t here to do it? Luckily, the Fuzz-bot Ryuuko just doesn’t care

9 Likes

She gets them from Temu but Amazon also sells that style.

Search tiny cats for hiding on either site.

Apparently tiny animals for hiding are a thing.

I also want to comment on kitties coming home from the vet.

Our cats always hiss and ignore whoever comes home from the vet. It goes better if we give them a bath when they get home.

11 Likes

Greedy little birb… :laughing:

from

15 Likes

18 Likes
3 Likes

I see your Seagull and raise you a Seagull, one of my all time favorite songs.

4 Likes