Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

Bruce Campbell Hello GIF

19 Likes
13 Likes

Ultra High Frequency Bird.

18 Likes

Will have a hard time letting Cirrus go back to the shelter … today when I went to visit, she bounced over to me, crawled into my lap, and fell asleep for almost an hour

20 Likes

He chose to get in the basket

19 Likes

Just Chillin’.

20 Likes

I’d take her but we have 4 cats in the house and another would be too much. Hope she finds the best family.

15 Likes

What is inside your bag?

19 Likes

Prêt-à-porter chat.

By Vai & Vally.

10 Likes

Coding is hard.

21 Likes

trying to get some cards trimmed, but Buddy, the shop cat, says there will be no work until you give me treats and luvies!

imma stay right here 'til you pay attention to me!

what? am i in your way?

i said love me, dammit!

just a trim. a little off the top.

those are his purple paw prints there from when he decided to walk across my ink plate to demand another work stoppage.
the United Shop Cat Guild is a very purriful union. Buddy is the shop steward and a stickler for scheduled breaks.

22 Likes

It’s been in the mid to upper 90sF/32-38C all week, humid but no summer thunderstorms, and I fill my bird baths at least twice a day. This weekend the honeybees started coming to drink at the one in the back yard more than the birds.

No change in the forecast for next week either.

20 Likes

They may be bringing water back to the hive for evaporative cooling, not just drinking.

18 Likes

i am afraid we are losing all our honeybees here. with the summer squalls upon us, afternoon/ early morning showers are a daily. this means mosquito control is out in force to combat the bloodsuckers by what appears to be nothing short of “scorched earth” tactics of intense spraying. we get the fogger trucks dispersing malathion in our neighborhood two to three times a week and the aerial dropping of Naled larvacide in the early morning hours.
these are both poisons that indiscriminately kill bees, butterflies and other pollenators to the point that my garden veggies that depend on the pollenators (squash, melons, etc) are simply not producing.

save your bees. they are essential and their absence is deeply impactful.

15 Likes

That’s a great set up for bees. Mine is on the ground and has sloped rocks inside for the bees to land on and approach the water. The birds use it a lot during the day and during the dog days of summer, I have to refill before nightfall and again after sunrise. Even when the drip system fills it 3x weekly. Not sure who is drinking- foxes, rabbits, racoons, possums? All of them?
The bees like the mud from the overflow of the drip refill

13 Likes

I’ve lost my f’ing mind: they’re here, in my house

23 Likes

21 Likes

Blissful relaxation after an extensive grooming.

Sorry for the low quality picture.

He’s been blowing fur like crazy since it started getting hot last week. Because of the long, cool spring his winter coat only recently started molting.

There is So. Much. Fur. Maybe three cupped handfuls. And there’s still more, though he’s down with the grooming for today.

I’ll get him again on Wednesday.

17 Likes

Finally got to see the flying squirrels fluorescing last night! I’d read they glow under UV lights, so we got a UV flashlight and last night the squirrels cooperated by coming to the feeder by the picture window. Got a great view of the underside, glowing orange in a pattern. So cool!
This isn’t my pic, but to give you an idea:

22 Likes

Squirrel rave!

17 Likes