Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 3)

I tell you, whenever an animal gets hit on my street, I’m awfully glad we have a nice collection of carrion eaters around… coyotes, turkey vultures, crows… I’ve never seen an animal that’s gotten hit and died be around for very long.

16 Likes

turkey buzzards are cool.
we get a mating migration here every year around february. there will be literally hundreds of them in the dense hardwood thick between us and the mangroves on the Atlantic shore. i have counted as many as three dozen of these big birds soaring in the sky at once, over our house on the oceanside of the island. after about a month, they thin out and go elsewhere. i love to just watch them circling and soaring on the easterly tradewinds. majestic, really.

15 Likes

The elders have me surrounded. I’m not making it to my bedroom without feeding them first.

Nimbus had a small adventure in the nice weather today. We stuck to the front porch but stayed outside for 20 minutes!

Nimbus has discovered the window sill in the bathroom. Apparently the terrifying bath tub is worth the risk

19 Likes

19 Likes

22 Likes
10 Likes

21 Likes

Awesome Well Done GIF by Pudgy Penguins

16 Likes

19 Likes
13 Likes

The grass was greener on the other side of the fence.

18 Likes

Greener, sure, but also meaner!

12 Likes

We’ve had several street kitties that love the shower after we are done; they immediately go in and lick the tiles. I assume it was a habit that led to them surviving out there.

11 Likes

12 Likes

I feel like @crenquis is making a bit of an understatement there. :joy:

8 Likes

Ok, this is going to be a two-parter about cats and dogs. First part, stray cats.

We have seen an increase in the number of stray cats on our street. As you may know, I had rescued and currently foster Dulce and her son Charlie, and lately Mama and her son Tony. I have been trying to find a shelter or a foster for the extra cats over two years now, and I am facing increasing hostility in this household from new renters who are not cat fans and are intent on convincing the landlady to kick me out (I also suspect a Nationalistic bent, but that’s a different topic for another day) .

If anyone can help me in finding a forever home for the strays, it would be greatly appreciated. For those who don’t know, I’m in the San Diego/Tijuana area, but if the new parents could defray the cost, I’m happy to rent a car to deliver a cat as far as California, Arizona, or New Mexico.

Allow me to show you the cats and brief descriptions…

First off we have Dulce, who is a very sweet girl with a bit of sinusitis. She has been vaxxed and spayed and is in general good health but needs to have her sinus issues looked at. Her favorite thing to do is sleep in boxes or in the sun.

Next we have Dulce’s son Charlie. He’s a handsome fellow but has had some timidity issues since he was a kitten. He needs a home where he is the only cat, and someone patient enough to work through some litterbox issues. Previously, I had been using Arm & Hammer scented clumping litter, but have been met with resistance from Tijuana trash haulers who refuse to take clay litter to the dump due to the weight and cost. I have tried several different plant-based litter types, but he is still pooping next to the tray, and I believe if he could go back to Arm & Hammer he would use the tray.

This sweet girl is Mama. She is sweet and quiet, and loves being petted. She needs to be spayed, but there is a good veterinarian I know here who can do the job. She’s been an outside cat, but seems willing to change to being an inside cat if there is plenty of sunlight.

Lastly, we have Mama’s son Tony, aka Tony Macaroni aka Tony Baloney. He looks like your average tabby, but he has enough personality for two cats. He is very affectionate (headbutts!), and loves to play. He is still a month or two away from being old enough to neuter.

I have put up a post at Instagram under my handle of lazypossum1, so if anyone can help spread my post to their followers for better reach, it would be greatly appreciated. I am very concerned for the safety of these cats, because even though there are laws against harming animals, there are many folks in Mexico who don’t really give a damn about the law.

Again, any help whatsoever in finding homes for these cats would be greatly appreciated.

10 Likes

Next post, puppies.

My veterinarian friends I mentioned above have some AKC registered French bulldogs they have been breeding in a sanitary vet clinic environment, and they have a new litter they are seeking homes for. To be clear, this is not a nasty “puppy mill” situation, but simply two parents they have been breeding for a little while. I believe income from an occasional sale is what helped them set up their veterinary clinic.

They are asking me for help in helping find homes for the current litter because their clinic is gaining traction and they are too busy to be crossing the border on a regular basis (dual citizenship), but since I am able to cross the border on a regular basis, they are willing to share profits with me which would really help me out of my financial distress.

I’ve been assured they are all vaxxed and checked for issues, and will meet border crossing requirements if I transport them into the USA. If anyone could spread the word to people who might be looking for a healthy AKC French bulldog pup, I’d appreciate the heads up and could forward my info if they wish to talk.

Edit: Just to say, we are also concerned about making sure these pups make it into good homes, whether they continue to breed or are simply a family pet. If anyone who responds gives off a puppy mill vibe, we will not complete the sale. I think it’s also important to state that we’re not really aiming to get the highest price possible. Below the prevailing price for California breeders is definitely negotiable. We’re not trying to become millionaires.

13 Likes

It was on the bar drying and then he let me carry him, inside it and totally chill, all the way to my kid’s room to show the human family. Then he wouldn’t get out until I’d tipped it over 2/3 of the way
:woozy_face:

20 Likes

from

A whole set from here

15 Likes

Even the cats love Penzey’s

21 Likes