Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

Ever since I saw a photo of a mantis that had caught and was eating a hummingbird, I stay away from them. The way they turn their head to look at you… Shudder

ETA Zorak is cute, though
Zorak_Space_Ghost

8 Likes

Is it? Or are you its human? :wink:
Lovely detail on the leg!

5 Likes
14 Likes

This was great! Also, I’ve yet to meet a kitteh able to resist the lure of humans wearing dark clothing. It’s like they see a blank canvas on which their fur must be deposited in creative ways… :smiley_cat:

13 Likes

Fellow immigrants to Southern California, red-whiskered bulbuls.

18 Likes

Yeah I have foot beans. What of it?

21 Likes

20 Likes

Well, I finally got off my fat COVID butt and put this up today. Gremlin is loving it.

22 Likes

What a nice story :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
We have an indoor kitteh, but our neighbor’s cat spent most of last summer on our porch so I can relate.
I also really like how the author captured that special treat that is an “unaffiliated” cat’s affectionate attention.

11 Likes

Male Anna’s hummingbird chirping to signal his claim to the backyard and any and all feeders thereof.

16 Likes

In homage to the illustrious polygraph of this town, José Viera y Clavijo , (1731 – 1813), author among othes of the “ Natural History of the Canary Islands “, the Department of Environment and Tourism of the City Council of Los Realejos in Tenerife announce “Naturviera” – Nature Photography Contest.

6 Likes

16 Likes

Red-crowned amazons. They are not kissing, they are allopreening.

14 Likes

Our monsters found their voices about a month ago. In the evenings I’m outside about every half hour calling out either “Why you bark?” or “No bark!”

7 Likes

If there’s secret to get dogs to stop barking at deer that invade their territory, please share. They mostly come out at night. :sleeping: :deer: :dog: :weary:

barking bad dog GIF by Nat Geo Wild

11 Likes

I am sorry to say, if you have a dog with a strong prey instinct, you are out of luck!

If you can restrict the dog to a part of the home that doesn’t provide any windows toward where the deer are, that can work.

13 Likes

I think she can hear them running around, too. So, nothing short of a sensory deprivation helmet for dogs or some foolproof deer deterrent will do…

Excited American Horror Story GIF by AHS

12 Likes

Wasn’t sure whether this was better suited to the Good Things thread instead, but technically this is about an ‘animal’ (insect):

Worth clicking on, to see the beauty.

17 Likes

james cameron aliens GIF by foxhorror

“mostly”

7 Likes

The Wire.

19 Likes