Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

This is Pippin, AKA Sillington J. Jingleforth Esquire, AKA Snoozington J. Snoringforth, etcetera:

23 Likes

Snoozington needs to be my lap pilot.

5 Likes

15 Likes

Since this always deserves to be re-posted, I will put this here:

23 Likes

BoingBoing was complaining I was hogging the thread (and, to be fair, I totally am), so I delayed posting.

If I lived somewhere a little cooler where the ground wasn’t solid limestone I’d be all over a koi pond. I have container ponds for now, but just keep mosquito fish.

If you want to try shrimp, the red-cherry shrimp are really easy and cool - they look like little lobsters. They’re very tolerant of varying water conditions and breed easily so you can build a colony pretty quickly, just throw in a few new ones sometimes to preserve genetic diversity.

(slightly evil aside) They also make leaving a fish tank on vacation easy since the fish will have RCS fry to snack on if you don’t have a feeder timer - big fish will just eat the parents, though. Full disclosure: I have a feeder timer, though the shrimp fry are still preyed upon sometimes even though I have a ton of moss for them to hide in.

6 Likes

I thought it was slavery to have pets? How do you interact with them and allow them their individual rights?

4 Likes

We have a pet but trained her to practice civil disobedience:

21 Likes

Why did you think that?

Mutually! How else?

1 Like

5 Likes

What does petting somebody have to do with ownership? I find it easy to be tactile, yet not possessive.

1 Like

OK you guys, please don’t make this fun and awesome thread of posting pet/animal pictures a debate over whether pet possession is slavery. Please do start a new one if you want, though, it’d be fun to watch in a context where pet/animal photos didn’t get lost in the melee.

14 Likes

Our pets would 100% agree with that statement…

3 Likes

Every time I’ve asked my pets about it they just say adorable things about how they love me and never want to leave my company ever and ask why I have to go to work every day. Except the fish, they can’t talk.

11 Likes

Hedge Hog Away.
that is what this thread is for.

3 Likes

The burmese kitty would say that I exist solely to turn on the heating pad, provide kibble, and to open the door when the weather is nice. I am not sure what I get out of the relationship anymore.

5 Likes

i’m fairly sure i am the slave to the kitties, not the other way around. :smile_cat:

9 Likes

That’s Iris, a.k.a little bitty girl. She “helps” me work.

She doesn’t really fit under there so much anymore. That was 5 months ago, when she was a little 3 pound kitten. Today she is 7 pounds and extremely fluffy. When she’s fully grown, I think she will be a yoooge fluff-monster. I’m going to try to get a photo without myself in it. I don’t really take selfies, except for I’m-holding-a-kitty selfies, those I love.

15 Likes

Sorry I’m late!

Our housebeasts, Sirius Lee and Penumbra.

Penny is Lady Bevel’s dog, and Siri is my dog in theory, but they’re both for all of us. A substantial portion of the kids’ days before and after school are dedicated to the dogs.

Penny is almost two. Siri will turn one on Tuesday, but she graduated out of Penny’s weight class months ago.

They love to play fight. One of them will grab that blue toy in the pic and the other will latch on and they’ll run around the yard like that for laps and laps.

14 Likes

I’m sure that each one of ours believes that we solely exist to serve their individual needs.

4 Likes

My view as I tried to relax in the ol’ hammock…

That was our old Maine Coon (R.I.P.)

15 Likes