Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

5 Likes

The kitten watches.

Just outside this window is the tree canopy that the fat bakery birds sit in, the wire that visiting birds as well as the resident sparrows use, and the top of the fence where a black squirrel or chipmunk might appear. We know when the black squirrel has made an appearance, because she’ll streak into the front room, tail puffed to a comical size, and she’ll do the sideways-skitter-and-arched-back halloween cat thing until she’s sure it hasn’t followed her.

17 Likes

European peacock (Aglais io)

15 Likes

I get Cooper’s hawks using my bird feeders as their bird feeders. I know what that rabbit probably looks like.

17 Likes

Best thing I’ve read in the NY Times in quite a while:

A meadow froghopper urinates so much that it could drown itself. Luckily, the insect Philaenus spumarius, which is approximately the size of a Tic Tac, has a butt catapult that regularly flicks its globules of liquid waste into the air and safely away from its body.

ETA actual text instead of a screenshot and a link

13 Likes

Some of them are gold, though.

7 Likes

FEED ME

ETA: It’s a parasitic cowbird. Post your Pet or animal Pics - #4519 by MrShiv

18 Likes

Just the one hatchling in the nest?

4 Likes

It’s hard to tell without disturbing the nest. It sounds like there might be two chicks. There was one chick and 4 eggs last week. I don’t really know what’s going on in there.

6 Likes

Front and back or top and bottom?

16 Likes

Because of the tail, it would have to work like a baseball cap for those with long hair:

9 Likes

That´s why the ducks never wear trousers!

4 Likes
19 Likes

He’s adopted, isn’t he.

9 Likes

19 Likes

reference GIF

1 Like

Hey, look, it has a removable battery!

2 Likes

Wrong Gif. I am correcting It now.

Understand Captain America GIF

2 Likes