Posts I would have liked to have liked, but couldn't

A collection of posts anyone may have liked to have liked when technology fails to make life better.

Rule 1: No posting posts that would would not have liked.
Rule 2: If you see your post mentioned here, consider yourself liked by the likeless.
Rule 3: It is fine to post things here when you are likeless, though that would be strange.
Rule 4: Only do this when you feel the need, there is no compulsory posting of like-worthy posts.
Rule 5: Other rules may apply or may not, but probably don’t.

4 Likes

We begin with:

More may be added as likes don’t allow.

5 Likes

I think the problem here is that cutting and pasting links between other threads and this one is going to get tedious. Just in the time I’ve been sitting here now, I’ve probably wanted – but been unable – to like at least 30 posts I’ve read. Do I really go back to those threads and do this? But it would prove the point.

Sigh. Can I start this exercise tomorrow, instead? It’s been a long day!

Rule 5: Only do this when you feel the need, there is no compulsory posting needed.

2 Likes

4 Likes
4 Likes

I don’t have any posts to link, because I’m not out of likes yet; but I’m donating some to your cause.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m at the point where I will pay @beschizza to pay @codinghorror to give @chgoliz double like-cap for 6 months.

9 Likes

If the like cap didn’t apply to liking people who respond to you that’d help a lot but leave the beloved arbitrary limit.

2 Likes

Damn: I have to wait 10 hours before I can like you!!!

6 Likes

7 Likes

HA! I know how the system works, @beschizza is the one who controls the BBS’s like parameters, you?

4 Likes

I can see why you would not want people like-ing more than half the posts they read, because after that, additional likes remove information rather than adding information.

But I don’t really see the point of cutting people off before that.

If I like 0% of all posts, that contributes no information
if I like 100% of all posts, that contributes no information
if I like 50% of all posts, that’s the most efficient use of the information channel

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 275 days. New replies are no longer allowed.