Powerful tiny Bluetooth amp

Hi everyone. Mark and BB might think I’m picking on them, but a really just want to offer another perspective to BB readers. As I enter the age of curmudgeonhood, I am less and less interested in hassling with fiddly products to save a few bucks. It seem that the global corporatocracy has found many ways to shift the burden of quality control, diagnosing, and returns onto the customer. I am pretty fed up with it.

Anyway, most I already wrote in this post:
https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/this-bt-5-0-amplifier-drives-my-100w-outdoor-speakers-and-sounds-great/179008/7?u=extrema

To the post I would add

• The Sony is still working perfectly and has a written 2 year warranty that is actually usable.
  • The remote has turned out to be very useful! It adjusts volume from the listening location. It also controls Spotify, VLC, etc., skipping time and songs. I guess the remote talks to the amp and the amp talks to the phone.
  • The UL Listing means that the thing is less likely to burn down your house due to cheap design and low build quality.
  • The sound quality of BT interface with analog amplifier is measurably better that that of a Class D (or T) unit.

I am not shilling for Sony, which of course has its own quality problems. The Class D design deeply appeals fo my inner geek and ecologist. But there are other factors to consider besides the initial cost and elegance. Like your own time and freedom from hassle, usability, home safety, and sound quality.

HTH someone. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes