🎵 Praise You Like I Should 🎶

Call out your fellow mutants for the good work they’ve done, and are continuing to do.
Positive vibes welcome.
I’d like this to be a feel-good thread, no snarks etc…

For example:
I’d like to nominate @milliefink for the incomparable Heather Cox Richardson thread.
And @Melizmatic , for teaching me that memes can be more than just pictures - they can be learning messages too.
And @Mindysan33 , for being a wanton (albeit thoroughly on-the-nose) chatterbox.
And @orenwolf , for not nuking us just yet.

You get the idea - I’m proposing a love-in, Lennon & Ono style… because why not.
(makes a change, eh?)

31 Likes

I’ll start (with the first to come to mind – so many others to choose from…).

All hail the incomparable @docosc!!!

Not only for patiently dispensing medical wisdom, but also for continually learning how to be an ally, and for thus acting like a great ally, to those less fortunate than himself.

Thank you doc!

Celebrate Hip Hip Hooray GIF

30 Likes

@docosc is a damn good shout.
I share three things with him:
1 - I’m white
2 - I’m male
3 - I’ve learned a good deal from this forum, and hope to be a better creature for it.

25 Likes

bashful GIF
Thanks, guys

26 Likes

No need to be Bashful!

:grinning:

20 Likes

Props to @NukeML, for being a consistent ally to us Others.

25 Likes

And i will shout out @chenille and @j9c for freely sharing their detailed and eclectic knowledge. If you know anything about me, i love learning new things, and these guys (used in an agendered fashion!) are great for that!
And @DukeTrout for inspiring many exciting adventures in mead making!

22 Likes

much love to all the Happy Mutants™ on this board who make this the awesome forum of ideas that it is.
most especially, those leaders who have called me out to be better. @Melizmatic ,
@Mindysan33 , @milliefink , who have all made very valid points of correction in some of my early, clumsy posts that have actually and truly opened my eyes and my heart to my own hidden biases.
echoing Melz (if i may be so familiar) and OP @iknownuurthing , shouts to @docosc and @DukeTrout for being upstanding gentlemen with the understanding that we - as privileged white men - for also channeling their (and by extension, my own) realization that it’s not all about me or my experience that matters.
i find myself more open to the people in my daily life IRL.
you all have helped me to be a better person. i try to take these conversations and what i learn from them into the world.
thank you all.

21 Likes

How about @chgoliz for being consistently knowledgeable, thoughtful, and funny! And @TornPaperNapkin for being such a kind human being!

23 Likes

w00t! to both and @KathyPartdeux .
and so many others that i missed…
i can’t say it deeply enough in this type of communique - just how much i love and appreciate you all!
i do!

23 Likes

20 Likes

You Too GIF

23 Likes

I’m going to shout out @Tamsin_Bailey !

Artist, musician, advocate, warrior woman & funny as hell. Thanks Tami!!!

21 Likes

All of the above, plus: for being the kind of decent human I aspire to be, and for the top-shelf humour, I’d like a shout-out to @Tamsin_Bailey. Every time I see she’s posting, I think to myself “Oooh! This will be damn educational and / or leave me giggling all day.” Thank you! You’re one of the ones who keeps me tuning in around here.

20 Likes

Nobody makes me laugh like Tamsin!

18 Likes

Dang, y’all beat me to it on @Tamsin_Bailey.

Wicked smart and wicked funny, with a huge heart to match – what a combination!

I Love Flirting GIF

(Hear tell that on top of it all, she’s also a mean baker. Golly!)

19 Likes

IMG_0413

18 Likes

@Melizmatic , @Mindysan33 , and @KathyPartdeux are ones who I particularly am grateful for in helping me discover the biases I was blind to and helping me see how to better identify those biases. I think I’m a better person online because of them.

20 Likes

In addition to everyone mentioned above, I’d like to give a shout-out to @gracchus for always knowing just what to say and to @VeronicaConnor for being so smart that I am constantly just amazed at what the human brain is capable of.

23 Likes

Since I now have the song stuck in my head, I must:

Seriously though, good on you for making such a positive endeavor.

22 Likes