šŸŽµ Praise You Like I Should šŸŽ¶

@nosaj @milliefink @DukeTrout

Proud Emma Stone GIF

I guess we never really know how much we mean to each other until someone embarasses us in public :face_holding_back_tears:

Iā€™m going to thank @Melizmatic for teaching me the meaning of Intersectionality and for never once backing down or leaving anyone behind. You are one of my heroes and Iā€™m a better person for knowing you.

We are all better when we lift each other up, itā€™s that simple.

23 Likes

@iknownuurthing , great idea for a thread!
I echo what everyone has already said. Itā€™s already a list of most of my favorite mutants.
Iā€™d add kudos to @kentkb for starting the food and drinks thread, one of my favorites, and to @FloridaManJefe for sharing so many delicious hot sauce recipes there.
I have more, but I still need to think of how best to describe their impactsā€¦

28 Likes

Lots of names Iā€™d shout-out to have already been mentioned, but one I havenā€™t seen yet: Iā€™m gonna have to give some props to @FGD135 (*). Trusted leader, good commenter, and a particular talent for creating useful and interesting topics.

(* It decodes as Wing Attack Plan R. R for Romeo.)

22 Likes

Allow me to throw out some love to people who havenā€™t been mentioned yet.

Shout-out to @knoxblox for creating wonderful art, thereby making the world a better place.
Shout-out to @mspie500 for being an all-around awesome person consistently through both good times and tough times.
Shout-out to @Doctor_Faustus for understanding the world better than just about anyone.

27 Likes

Lots of people already mentioned, so Iā€™ll throw in @GagHalfrunt for keeping the invasion of Ukraine in our minds every day.

What a great community. Thanks to @iknownuurthing for helping to remind us of why itā€™s so.

20 Likes

In addition to literally everyone else mentionedā€¦ @PsiPhiGrrrl
For consistently thought provoking contributions and just generally raising the level of discourse and being cool.

23 Likes

Right back at you, seriously. Love your printmaking posts too. I came here originally to connect with other people over my hobbies, like that was what drew me here a long time ago. So I love seeing the things people create at all different levels of their crafts.

21 Likes

And @the_borderer, for being the authority on political science around these here parts, again teaching me a whole lotta new stuff.

26 Likes

Aw, shucks.

To you and everyone else who named me, big thanks.

I know I ainā€™t no ā€˜Pollyanna,ā€™ but I am on a difficult mission to become the best version of myself possible - and I appreciate everyone here whose words and perspectives have me helped me on that journeyā€¦ even the people with whom I often ā€˜butt heads.ā€™

21 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate that - and the many mutants listed above! As others have mentioned, this is a great place to learn because there are so many interesting topics coming from people with a variety of viewpoints. Being a regular here has changed me in a lot of waysā€¦hopefully mostly for the better. :wink: I contribute here because the comments and discussions - whether deep or derpy - create a great sense of community.

Michelle Buteau Thank You GIF by NETFLIX

End Of Year Love GIF

17 Likes

Honestly, the best folks are!

21 Likes

Not gonna lie, I was having a bad day yesterday and this came at exactly the right time. :hugs:

22 Likes

Great to hear; we all need some positive affirmation and reinforcement sometimes.

23 Likes

Oh, let me second that!
@the_borderer is a terrific authority on the pols, specifically UK shenanigans, much thanks to them.

21 Likes

Donā€™t forget @the_bordererā€™s understanding of football (proper, not American).

happy josef martinez GIF by Atlanta United

17 Likes

No-one, and I mean no-one, can explain the offside rule like @the_borderer.

Itā€™s an innate skill not many haveā€¦

16 Likes

See Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

20 Likes

I havenā€™t left the UK in eight years now, due to caring duties which get heavier each year.
(this is not a sob story, donā€™t go there).

So, I would like to give a shout out to the following for allowing me to live abroad vicariously through their posts:

@BakaNeko - for Brazil news and photos, and also many wonderful pictures of felines. Many Cheers to you.

@vermes82 - for making Finland cool as feck!

@Jesse13927 - for Japanese photos (it looks cool as anything) Also - it is Japan, isnā€™t it?

@knoxblox - Tijuana!. No, just Tijuana! Wowsers. Also, what an amazing artist - that painting of the fish that @FloridaManJefe ended up with! Talented git, is Knox. (Iā€™m envious). (Oh, also, fuckinā€™ tons of cat pictures too :grinning:)

Oh, and @FloridaManJefe , who is lucky enough to live in the better part of the state - go pirates!

Thanks to all of you for opening windows on the rest of the world for this hermit - love yer work!

26 Likes

Hhahaha. Thank you for sharing the pictures of you dog too. I love when you go to the pub.

ETA.

I love this forum. it helped me a lot during the pandemics. You guys are great!

20 Likes

Dunno wot youā€™re talkinā€™ about.
:wink:

18 Likes