šŸŽµ Praise You Like I Should šŸŽ¶

I guess he drinks shortsā€¦ :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

14 Likes

Thank you @Jesse13927 and @iknownuurthing .

I also have to thank so many folks who have helped keep me from going completely under, especially after so many hits to my financial well-being ā€“ both before and after the pandemic financial assistance. I feel I shouldnā€™t name names so as not to bring them unwanted attention.

Then there are the folks who, with or without money, have made me feel like what Iā€™m doing is worthwhile, like @Melizmatic , @chgoliz , @subextraordinaire , @Nightflyer , (a big :+1: to) @marence, @Tamsin_Bailey , @Wanderfound , @KathyPartdeux , continuedā€¦

Itā€™s been a real struggle, and Iā€™m still behind, but I donā€™t think Iā€™d be here without the moral support.

22 Likes

Continuedā€¦

@DukeTrout , @Wayward , @RatMan and his brother, @sosumi, @MalevolentPixy , @LDoBe, @gracchus, @zfirphdn , @zzzz , @Grey_Devil , continuedā€¦

ETA: Rarrgh, I can only post 10 ā€œatsā€ per post, and cannot post more than two posts consecutively, so Iā€™ll continue with the last one after someone else posts.

22 Likes

Go for itā€¦ :wink:

15 Likes

I donā€™t know that thereā€™s any good way to single out awesome mutants without saying basically ā€œeveryoneā€ā€¦but I want to shout out @Sally_Mahoney as the undisputed master of the ā€œneeds more likesā€ thread. Iā€™ve found my way to more interesting conversations through their efforts than I can possibly keep track of.

23 Likes

And a few moreā€¦

our late friend @TobinL, @docosc, @ClutchLinkey , @Kii , @hecep , @armozel , @cleveremi , @BakaNeko , @FloridaManJefe , @Surprise_Puma , and others.

25 Likes

Oh, good shout. I must spend more time on that thread. Thanks.

21 Likes

13 Likes

A thanks to all the trans and enby mutants, particularly @Tamsin_Bailey, @KathyPartdeux, and @mspie500, for sharing their experiences. Iā€™ve learned a lot from all of you and Iā€™m a better person for it.
Same for @Melizmatic and @PsiPhiGrrrl. Iā€™ve learned so much from people who donā€™t have my privileges and I think Iā€™m a better ally for it.
@MerelyGifted for many things, but especially your unicorn chaser contributions
@danimagoo for the law stuff. Youā€™re gonna make a great attorney.

23 Likes

Iā€™d like to say a special thank-you to @anon85524460.
A couple weeks ago, there was a topic - ā€œMansplaining in the wildā€.
I jumped straight in like a puppy trying to shag your leg but ending up pissing on it.

I upset @anon85524460 at the time, for which I am still sorry.

And then the communication thread began - I followed it but dared not post.

Those two happenings converged into an idea for this thread - so, thanks to all of you wonderful mutants for joining in and special thanks to @anon85524460 for the inspiration for this.

18 Likes

Please please donā€™t feel bad about that, itā€™s certainly not something I would want people feeling bad about. I know it was teasing, but it also felt like it was a pretty weirdly sensitive time for me and I absolutely donā€™t want you feeling bad about it. Itā€™s water under the bridge and I hold no bad feelings about you or it at all.

12 Likes

Honestly, I donā€™t feel bad about it any more - look where itā€™s brought us bothā€¦ :grinning:

14 Likes

I must mention Liz from Chicago, whose many wonderful insights have enlightened and entertained us over the years.

And I still pronounce it chigoliz, with an extra i, but only in my mind.

Hail @chgoliz (nobody can resist a blur, can they?)

16 Likes

Ooh, what a wonderful thread! I couldnā€™t possibly thank everyone by name here who has made my experience here better, but I will call out three in particular. @Mindysan33 and @Melizmatic for being both incredibly welcoming, and also for calling me out when Iā€™ve needed it. We all need people to hold us accountable when we get out of line, and all of us get out of line at some point. I have a natural tendency to focus too much on the negative in the world, and sometimes that leads to me expressing myself in a way that sounds like Iā€™m hopeless when Iā€™m actually not, and @Melizmatic especially called me out on that not long ago and I am better for it. Lastly, Iā€™d like to thank @DukeTrout for being an excellent debate partner. I love a good debate, but sometimes online, debates turn into arguments which turn into name calling and other ridiculousness. Duke and I sometimes have disagreed about things very strongly but he never goes that direction with it. Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree but heā€™s a great example of how to disagree online without being a dick about it. I probably have not always been as good at that, but Iā€™m a work in progress.

Lastly, just in general, I want to thank all of the positive people here. There are more of you than there are the trollies, although sometimes it doesnā€™t feel that way. Even with some of the recent issues, Iā€™ve never felt as much a part of a community here as I have over the last few months, and thatā€™s because of all of you. So thank you.

18 Likes

Well thank you right back! Iā€™ve learned a LOT from our discussions! I greatly value that you make me do my homework and rethink my position. I just try to keep upā€¦

23 Likes

Thank you

21 Likes

Cheers to @gabe_oakes; you dont post quite as frequently as some of us, but when you do itā€™s always well thought-out, and often ends up being one of the voices of reason in the room.

18 Likes

Yep! Sometimes my travels take me outside Japan, but unless I mention otherwise in the post, itā€™s all Japan.

Also, shout-out to @robertmckenna for your impeccable wit.

12 Likes

I donā€™t know what to say beyond thank you. Iā€™ll revisit this thread in the morning with less beer in my system and clearer thoughts.

14 Likes

Remember to hydrate and rest well!

13 Likes