Pranksters on sidewalk trip over nothing, surprising onlookers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/15/pranksters-on-sidewalk-trip-ov.html

4 Likes

Refreshing! Too many “pranks” on the internet are assault or harassment.

12 Likes

Outside my high school there was a bench that was missing its seat boards, but it had all the back boards. So three of us would “sit” on it, using our backs to hold us up. When someone came by to wait at the bus stop, the person sitting in the middle would slide down to the ground, confused, and the other two of us would look at them with a disdainful expression. We tried to see how many people we could get to double-take at us.

21 Likes

I trip over nothing all the time

14 Likes

4 Likes

With a gimpy leg, this is me too often, lol. Though sometimes it is just a tiny uplift in the cement.

5 Likes

If nothing else it’s good to have video confirmation that once you get out of line of sight of people you trip in front of, they really are laughing at you! Thanks for that…

7 Likes

Right? But think of all the laughter we’re bringing into the world.

I agree. I also liked that after a couple or so trippers have passed, someone would get up and check the spot to try and figure out why people are tripping.

It reminds me of a human variation of the “pretend to throw the ball” trick that is played on dogs. “It has to be there!”

4 Likes

I’m tripping over nothing right now.

15 Likes

Hey, look out!

7 Likes

Would have been awesome if that dude on the bike had come along to the trip spot and done what we, back in the radical BMX days, used to call an indo!

4 Likes

Apparently a slight difference in step heights on a staircase can cause tripping over nothing:

3 Likes

THAT would have been commitment!

1 Like

we know nothing of the world man. “Beirut” which I think of (because I don’t think much at all) is a bombed out war zone w/ combatants everywhere…and this looks like a scene from Santa Monica.

2 Likes

It hasn’t really been that since the 80s and 90s, and it wasn’t that before

6 Likes

World Press Photo of the Year 2007, by Spencer Platt:

Young Lebanese drive down a street in Haret Shreik, a southern suburb of Beirut, to check on their homes after bombardments by Israel.

1 Like

Before the civil war and ongoing conflict with Israel, Lebanon was a popular tourist destination. It had one of the best club scenes in the middle east. That entire coast of the Mediterranean is gorgeous.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.