Pre-order William Gibson's new far-future novel The Peripheral

[Permalink]

1 Like

Yes yes yes yes good god yes…

3 Likes

What’s the theme of the book?

Here is the blurb from Amazon.

Where Flynne and her brother, Burton, live, jobs outside the drug business are rare. Fortunately, Burton has his veteran’s benefits, for neural damage he suffered from implants during his time in the USMC’s elite Haptic Recon force. Then one night Burton has to go out, but there’s a job he’s supposed to do—a job Flynne didn’t know he had. Beta-testing part of a new game, he tells her. The job seems to be simple: work a perimeter around the image of a tower building. Little buglike things turn up. He’s supposed to get in their way, edge them back. That’s all there is to it. He’s offering Flynne a good price to take over for him. What she sees, though, isn’t what Burton told her to expect. It might be a game, but it might also be murder.

Unfortunately the Kindle version is available for preorder from Amazon.ca as of yet.

Hi @doctorow. The attribution link to Super Punch seems to be broken. I am so stoked for this new Gibson!! Should be this link.

Far future? You mean, twenty minutes from now instead of ten?

2 Likes

Why would you pre-order an ebook?

I can just about see a reason to pre-order something physical if you’re worried about scarcity…

I shall definitely be buying this when it’s released, though.

This made my god damn freaking day

This is far future? I can imagine this shit five years from now

pre-order only available in hardcover and audio book not ebook, but yay anyway!

You pre-order things for October because they told you to, and no other reason. If you don’t, they’ll force-choke you while you are eating breakfast. So you’d better. But not because I told you. THEY did.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.