Professor Neil educates about toxic masculinity

Originally published at: Professor Neil educates about toxic masculinity | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Really great stuff that needs more promotion. This Canadian academic who uses social media to discuss masculinity is the anti-Jordaddy.

7 Likes

And he’s from Sudbury, no less. I grew up not far from there. It’s very cool to see someone with a healthy approach to masculinity come from that area.

6 Likes

If he hasn’t already, he should do a piece about the fact that there are decent men everywhere, including in places commonly associated with patriarchy and the toxic strict-father parenting model (the opposite is unfortunately true as well).

2 Likes

I see his value as being a counter-argument to Jordan Peterson, a man we all know and lurv (not), but the whole term toxic masculinity has been abused and I thought it much more useful to describe the male effect that is truly anti-society. A backlash on the creepy male empowerment movement does not require taking the term out of context.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.