Programming Language Creator or Serial Killer?

See also: Computer Programmer or Comics Writer?
rs am

6 Likes

Same only I recognized Guido.

2 Likes

I mainly looked at “does this body type seem like that of a person who spends long periods of time sitting at a computer”. Good enough to get 9/10. If they’re on the bigger side and slightly out of shape - probably a programmer.

1 Like

You clearly haven’t heard of brogrammers.

5 Likes

While I think many people on this forum would recognize both Stallman and Moore by sight, these are clearly both wizards.

5 Likes

I buy the hypothesis that there are comparatively more men at the extreme ends for, e.g., iq test results, though average intelligence by measures like this for both sexes is the same. https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/441905/men-are-both-dumber-and-smarter-than-women/amp/ , e.g.

But at any point in the distribution, both men and women will be represented. It does nobody any good to assume a woman in an intellectually demanding role somehow doesn’t belong there.

They need to do a poll where they ask

1 “Are you certain this computer language creator is not a serial killer?”

2 “Are you sure?”

3 “Really? Have you checked his basement?”

1 Like

If you’re talking Hand Reiser, at least link to my favourite Wikipedia edit of all time: Which file systems murder your wife?

Heh now, some us are awkward skinny geeks.

1 Like

Most of the ones I’ve worked with tended to be driven, competent people, but not the level of someone who would write a programming language (drive, intelligence, etc)…

The takeaway for me was how normal he was at covering his tracks, ie, pretty crap. Like taking a seat out of his car and just driving around without an explanation for where it had gone.

File system authorship clearly does not a good murderer make.

You’re forgetting the worn and dog-eared “How to Murder Someone and Totally Get Away With It” book in his glove compartment.

The problem was that while it was circumstantially transparent that he had done it, but the fact was that they had no evidence. There was no body, no murder weapon, no witnesses, no blood stains, no DNA, nothing. The investigation took well over a year in my memory, and only ended when they cut a plea bargain and he showed them where the body was hidden.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.