PSAs for movie theatre jerks from a century ago

[Permalink]

1 Like

Sadly the rules weren’t all quite so charming.

6 Likes

“You wouldn’t steal a magic lantern.
Making sketches of films is stealing,
stealing is against the law,
PIRACY. IT’S A CRIME”

16 Likes

The idiotic thing is the balcony seats seem to be the best, although I’ve never been in a theater with a balcony. And it should go without saying that no one should be told where to sit.

1 Like

but seriously, ladies. remove your hats.

1 Like

Hats were bigger then. Especially ladies’ hats.

2 Likes

I’m not listening to you crazy Anti-Hat Warriors. #theatregate

3 Likes

I thought the jerk was the guy that sold you your soda?

The hats were annoying, yes. But it was the people sending the wires that used to really annoy me.

4 Likes

I’m afraid to ask but what else one could applaud with than hands?

1 Like

Ah, the days before question marks were invented.

3 Likes
  1. This was the days before A/C, and heat goes up. Pack a few hundred people in an old movie theater on a warm day and the upper balcony feels like a sauna.
  2. Balcony seats only give you a better view in venues which were designed to afford balcony seating a better view.
5 Likes

Hipsters, please remove your beards.

And no fucking vaping either.

Pretty sure assholes predate agriculture, never mind the movies.

2 Likes

I slow clap your correct spelling of theatre.

Balcony seats were great. Especially great for matinees when you were a goofy kid with your brainless buddies cause you could throw stuff on people below or make fake gag and puke noises. Ya really got your money’s worth at 10 cents a kid back in the day, cliff hanger serials, great cartoons and still a few "educational shorts’ and news reels in the mid to late 50’s.

3 Likes

Clearly a feminine form of the word “theater” which used to be “themanter” before the feminists burned letters off with their bras in the sixties.

#theatergate

Oh. I assumed she was referring to a re-gating of the at, presumably the one on er ead.

2 Likes

Okay, I had to reread that. Well played :smiley:

I think they were referring to loud whistling and the stomping of feet.