Psychedelic Furs announce first studio album in 29 years, release first single, "Don’t Believe"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/31/psychedelic-furs-announce-firs.html

7 Likes

I like it.

4 Likes

I think my first CD was a P-Furs album. (Forever Now)

1 Like

My favorite Furs memory is from an interview on local radio when I was living in NYC in 1980. When they asked drummer Vince Ely about how much the band rehearsed, he responded by telling the interviewer ‘we don’t rehearse at all . . . it destroys the spontaneity.’ I’m quite sure that they did rehearse, but it perfectly encapsulates the punk ethos and stuck with me.

3 Likes

sounds very true to form. love it.

my faves are of course “Love My Way” and these two:

2 Likes

The Psychedelic Furs were MY BAND in high school. Love My Way hooked me (the Valley Girl soundtrack, natch), but pretty soon I was all about their eponymous album and Talk Talk Talk. If you’ve never seen them live, they still bring it - I’ve seen them twice over the last ten years and both times they avoided the band-covering-their-own-hits vibe I’ve gotten from other 80’s bands. So good.

3 Likes

the furs have been on a constant tour for the past two decades. i’ve seen them 5 or 6 times during that period and they’ve never failed me. easily as good as the 2 times i got to see them in the actual '80s.

i’m loving the new track and am excited to see what the whole thing brings.

3 Likes

Two of my faves…

4 Likes

The cover is very 4AD, the sound is redolent.

Like the single.

1 Like

Wow. It’s like stepping into a time machine.

2 Likes

Oh hell yeah. I saw the Furs on tour a year or two ago and they were great. Butler is a riot and still totally great on stage.

1 Like

Recorded in St. Louis!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.