Public school suspends 8-year-old girl for wearing wrong shade of green

I think we are going to have to give @Missy_Pants a free pass on this one. She has already eaten her words and people keep trying to make her eat them again and again. They have been digested and shat out already. She’s done. But next time there’s a sexism thread and some of us want to proclaim #NotAllMen she’s just going to have to set the AK down and walk away calmly, ok. SO… do we have a deal?

#HehHehHehEvilPlan

3 Likes

… so what you’re saying is you’re just waiting for me to be silent so you can get on with your normal sexist self? I shall take note of that!

2 Likes

IOW: “Check yourself before you wreck yourself, BOY!”

2 Likes

No way! Water doesn’t obey your “rules.” It goes where it wants to. Like me, babe. [BS on the Coriolis Effect]

No.

There has been enough dog piling, so the people that disagree with you need to sit down and listen.

As an aside… Could I… May I use this gif?

4 Likes

I like this one:

14 Likes

Oh god you have me giggling now :smile:

1 Like

8 Likes

Can we do our double secret fistbump now?

2 Likes

6 Likes

@japhroaig @Missy_Pants

10 Likes

Jelly?

6 Likes

7 Likes

Put that in the .gif thread NOW!!!

7 Likes

AS COMMANDED SO IT WAS DONE

4 Likes

This took a weird turn today.

2 Likes

OK, why did I only think of this tonight?

“They’re hanging men and women, lads, for the wearing of the green.”

1 Like

"“Multiple pockets” are not allowed for pants or shorts. "
that sucks, since pants and shorts come with at least 2 pockets, usually 4, 99% of the time (stat pulled out of my ass, but still…)

“Who came up with the idea that “dark green” was an appropriate paring to either khaki or navy blue?”
I know you’re being a little sarcastic (or completely? not sure) - but one of the reasons of having uniforms is to be able to identify which kid is a student of yours. If all schools wore the same thing, it would be difficult. And vice versa, people who see a kid would be able to tell which school he/she belongs to.
It is also for safety, in a way, at least in my home country. Young kids are often forced to wear a bright yellow hat, and I think encouraged to wear bright clothes if it’s not a uniform, so that they can easily be spotted by drivers etc.

I noticed that too. Obviously what they actually mean is “no cargo pants”… But if that’s what you mean, say it. This whole dress code is stupidly written.

3 Likes

B-b-but being specific means i can no longer arbitrarily club you over the head with this specification! How will i get my kicks by being petty and vindictive while still appearing to work within the system?

I’m with everyone else in the thread, a loaner pile, some specific on the PRECICE shade of green they want along with the outer edges of tolerable variations.

Then if you’re that f’ing anal, get a loaner pile.

1 Like