Public school suspends 8-year-old girl for wearing wrong shade of green

Are you going to make me yell “Yes, I agree, it was dumb, it could have been handled differently” again?

I said from the very beginning, I see both sides. Was it dumb, sure, thats obvious, could it have been handled differently, absolutely. Do I understand why the school sent the kid home? Yes, I get that too.

6 Likes

Is that something you’re likely to say? It doesn’t sound familiar…

SRSLY, while posts yesterday focused on green-vs-green, I realised that nobody seemed to be discussing green-vs-green-vs-green. If the kid was at home with a pale-green shirt and a kelly-green shirt, it would seem she went with the darker of the two.

No, someone upthread totally yelled at me about that, too. Jeez, does this mean you’re not reading all the comments? SKIMMER!!!

1 Like

I don’t defend corporations that lie, I defend against censorship

4 Likes

I literally have no idea what that means in this context… O_o

1 Like

In a court of law, it can be very, very difficult to determine your “bright, clear line”.

2 Likes

I’m betting you’re a guy. It was different for girls.

2 Likes

Same here.

It is from another thread, and I guffawed. Things are just so… What happens when meta goes meta on itself?

1 Like

Metasplosion?

4 Likes

3 Likes

not the most elegant compositing algorithm. Bart should be in front of the writing, not behind.

3 Likes

There appears to be a “repenting intensifies” category missing out of the “intensifies” meme, so I will just post this:
that's stupid

3 Likes

it’s even worse: not the most elegant Google search term :slight_smile:

Bart is writing backwards on one of those fancy TV/Movie clear boards while standing in front of a darkish green wall?

3 Likes

Asked and answered.

1 Like

It’s a SmartBoard – he’s writing virtually with a digital pen “on” the surface, and it is picked up and projected onto the surface and any intervening solids.

#WAKE UP IT’S 2015 PEOPLE

3 Likes

New BBS bot idea–capture flagged posts and auto reply them to random posts.

7 Likes