Q&A on Non-Moderation Matters (Mechanics, How-To, etc.)

@codinghorror So I keep… accidentally bookmarking things? I am not sure if this is an interaction design thing or what, but I think what happens is, I accidentally hit the keyboard shortcut to pull up the bookmark dialog, and then between that happening and me closing the dialog, a bookmark has been created, and occassionally a reminder set – I know not how.

This isn’t a huge deal, but it’s unexpected to see bookmarks for things I never actually meant to bookmark. It’s especially unexpected to see a Green Alert notification and have a minor moment of panic, only to discover that I somehow scheduled a bookmark reminder too.

At the very least I would expect some kind of explicit notification that a bookmark has been created (and alert set, as applicable) when a bookmark is made. Even better would be to make sure that it’s hard to make a bookmark when carelessly fat-fingering around the interface. It’s really weird that these somehow get created without my intent or even knowledge, even given my keyboard clumsiness.

I don’t have any more specifics than the above, and like I said, not exactly high priority, but it’s definitely something that’s worth poking at if bandwidth is available.

2 Likes