Q&A on Non-Moderation Matters (Mechanics, How-To, etc.)

… wait, who is the target audience then :confused:

People who wanted options in addition to the heart emojis.

4 Likes

I don’t like having to use blond people to represent my reactions.

9 Likes

I’ve got it! We could use non-people emoticons to represent various reactions, and provide a key, like on a map.

For example:

:heart: = like
:curly_loop: = laughing
:mosquito: = +1
:telephone_receiver: = shrugging
:tulip: = thinking
:worm: = hugs
:evergreen_tree: = sob
etc.

13 Likes

Can we have endless arguments over which emoticons represent which reactions??

14 Likes

I’ve only just realised what those remind me of: the golden assholes in Guardians of the Galaxy.

5 Likes

:telephone_receiver::christmas_tree:

I guess?

13 Likes

Wouldn’t that be the “groot” reaction?

6 Likes

i’m also in that camp. the current art looks particularly gendered to me and more white coded than the yellow circle face emojis

there are no exact matches for shrug and face palm but maybe something like these two are close ish?

:face_exhaling:

:sweat:

5 Likes

Randomize them every time they’re displayed.

3 Likes

Does it have to be emoticons? Could it be a word or two of text instead?

4 Likes

🅜ⓐ🅈🅱ⓔ :thinking:

14 Likes

On a serious note, just so it’s clear (in case it wasn’t), I wasn’t suggesting that we write a word or two ourselves. Rather, that the choices for reactions be presented as words rather than as emojis.

3 Likes

:eye: 🅒

10 Likes

Hey, I think we can all agree on rebuses, right?!

7 Likes

… remopodes :octopus:

13 Likes

11 Likes
1 Like

The “Related Articles” section is making some real deep cuts lately, even exposing old BB Store posts that claim to be invisible by an admin action. Methinks someone missed some selection criteria in a query.

e.g. related topics on the current Florida Man Olympics post. Related, yes. Quite old? Also yes.

4 Likes

Bug report. When expanding the side menu it closes instantly if you are not doing so from one of the top-level pages.

5 Likes