? ❓ ⚛ Questions. Questions? QUESTIONS!? ⚛ ❓?

Before you like it?

1 Like

Did I not realize he’d lost it this week, because 1) it’s been a helluva week for me, and 2) he always seems to be in every thread, even if technically he isn’t?

8 Likes

Are you saying that he is the Donald Trump of this BBS?

4 Likes

Seriously?

3 Likes

doesn’t that just suck?

2 Likes

Does anyone know the amount of time such a demotion lasts?

3 Likes

I assume so? Do you usually get no notification whatsoever?

3 Likes

If I had to guess, wouldn’t I say whoever flagged me probably doesn’t agree?

5 Likes

Can I just takes the time to point out how much nicer people are in the questions threads, as opposed to the Lounge?

6 Likes

Don’t I still occasionally take swipes at people in this thread? Do I need to step up my game?

4 Likes

Isn’t that just a matter of opinion, though?

And is now a good time to state that I was not one of the people who flagged you?

Just FYI?

6 Likes

How would you know?

5 Likes

No, I mean, where’s Iowa City’s center, its history, its downtown? The main district is about the same size as the one in my town and aren’t we a third of the size? For a college town there’s very little to do but drink, where are the art installations, the coffee shops, the movie theatre?

It reminds me more of Clemson, SC but with too much parking and a river, and is that really saying a lot?

2 Likes

Other than the flagging practice thread and new members, haven’t I never tossed a flag except once when a former regular used an offensive racial slur as part of a bad joke? Didn’t I agonize over my decision?

4 Likes

May I use double negatives in this thread?

5 Likes

has anyone here ever had to give up 49 minutes of their lives to listen to a motivational speech delivered by a monotone, unenthusiastic, and almost somnolent motivational speaker?

will you feel sympathy for me as i tell you that i, along with 740 others, did that today?

would it surprise you if i asked myself, once it was over, was i watching a display of irony? satire?

6 Likes

Hasn’t “culture” has always been centered on campus, but did you know they suffered a massive flood a few years ago which took out the Hancher Auditorium (the major regional concert hall) and other art-related buildings? And that these are still being rebuilt? And that it isn’t surprising that there are probably fewer poetry slams/book readings/music recitals/public lectures now than when the school is in session?

Did you not find the art-film multiplex in town? (Isn’t it a good thing that for more commercial offerings you need to go to neighboring Coralville, a strip suburb?) Was the theater in the Campus Center closed because of intersession? Nothing happening at the Englert Theater? As for “nothing to do but drink”, didn’t you notice that there was live music at many of these venues? Didn’t I once see Buddy Guy and Junior Wells perform together in one of them for something like $25/ticket in 2016 prices? Will that even buy you a post-show dessert at a NYC venue?

1 Like

After a generally craptastic day in every regard, wasn’t I minding my own business in the grocery store on one end of a food display looking at the baba ghanouj when a woman at the other end turned to me and said “do you like garlic? you should get this garlic sauce” and pointed to something near her? And didn’t I look and then respond “thanks” before turning back to what I was doing? And didn’t she then start complaining about how “rude everyone is now”? Wasn’t my response a puzzled “but I said ‘thanks’”? And didn’t she continue to talk about how rude I was, until I lost my temper enough to raise my voice (people turned to look) and said “are you really complaining about me because I said ‘thank you’ to you?” Didn’t she walk away then, still muttering about how rude I was?

Was I expected to BUY the damned garlic sauce, just because some stranger recommended it?

15 Likes

have you ever heard it said of someone that they look for the insult in every compliment? do you frequent a grocery store near the headquarters of such people?

8 Likes

Hasn’t @OtherMichael liked like 90% of my posts (made ever) in the past week?

Wouldn’t I prefer Shakespeare? Or a musical?

7 Likes