? ❓ ⚛ Questions. Questions? QUESTIONS!? ⚛ ❓?

Have any of you over there in Blighty already watched The Night Manager? What did you think? Aren’t I a sucker for Le Carré?

1 Like

Hey, wait a minute, ‘Yoda;’

That wasn’t a question, was it?

so sayeth

*lolz

3 Likes

A futurey-techno-utopian vibe where gender and racial equity are the norm, yet puzzling questions persist to perplex the populace?

2 Likes

Have you ever had a previous employer contact you 4 years after you quit to ask questions about something from 13 years ago?

12 Likes

What kind of employer would do such a thing? And how would you possibly respond?

4 Likes

Ask for a timesheet booking chargeline?

6 Likes

Boy, at this point I have to wonder “Where isn’t Waldo?”

7 Likes

Am I really 16 hours late to this joke?

6 Likes

Wouldn’t I say “totally clueless” employer that alienated all the decent employees so those who are left don’t know what’s what?
Aren’t my response choices either to

1. ignore it completely
  2. say “Screw you and the horse you rode in on”
  3. say “Pay me $$$ and I’ll talk to you”

and am I not leaning heavily towards #1?

7 Likes

Do you have glue and some plastic model parts?

4 Likes

Isn’t #3 the best cold dish, served with a side-order money?

5 Likes

How do you not do #3 first? Tell them your highest rate (we call it a “go away” price) and let them ignore you, right?

Worst case you get the cash and have to tell them stuff as best you remember, is that all bad?

9 Likes

Something about re-opening old wounds and not wanting to do so?

Don’t I wonder whether they already contacted the people who were above me in the food chain at the time in question (and made the decisions/told me what to do), and their rates were too high to consider?

4 Likes

why do I keep reading that egyptian thread?

9 Likes

Why do I keep reading that Egyptian thread?

10 Likes

Or more to the point why do you keep engaging with that thread?

5 Likes

Do you enjoy banging your head against brick walls?

5 Likes

Isn’t it like Brokeback Mountain, where I wish I knew how to quit replying, and it’s a love that not all approve of, except not gay, but me replying to ancient history mutilation?

Maybe?

4 Likes

Is someone wrong on the internet?

7 Likes

When it’s a domain you happen to know more about since you started a PhD in that field and have read a fair amount, isn’t it way harder to cope, though? Like Homeric Epically harder? Also, isn’t it even harder after a few drinks?

6 Likes