Quiz: Are these writers complaining about 21st-century e-scooters, or 19th-century velocipedes?

Nope. This one was less stylish. The shop is next to the bakery I go to, so I’ll check the brand and try to report back on Friday before this thread closes.

1 Like

it might go from the time you learnt to ride…

and having aids…(to stop the falling off bits)

So, hipsters mowing down innocent pedestrians by riding their wheeled toys recklessly on the public sidewalks isn’t exactly a new thing, eh?

@Brainspore

I’m not sure I see the point there unless you have physical mobility issues.

The point is not walking. After that, it doesn’t matter how fast I’m going. And I prefer going slow in any case. Same when I ride my bike.

As long as those kids stay off my lawn and stop playing that hippity hop, I ain’t gonna be bothered with this.

Bikes (or scooters) on sidewalks are the same problem as bikes on the freeway; Speed differential from the other traffic.

If you’re on a sidewalk, walking speed is appropriate. If you’re in the bike lane, go bike lane speed. If you’re on the freeway…

Local laws and regulations be damned.

Side note, I have ridden my bike on the freeway, in the desert through most of southern Arizona, where it is technically legal, but no fun at all.

Bloody unbelievable!

(-:

5 Likes

That’s great!

Did you see my link above, from Hark a Vagrant? She does a whole cartoon based on some anti-velocideper images from the 19th century…

“Ain’t give a damn!”

3 Likes

Step aside pops!

2 Likes

When you see me rollin’ up!

2 Likes

Ha! No, I missed that on first pass. “Velocipedestrienne”! Hahaha!

(I’m startled that my spellchecker knows that one!)

I love Hark! A Vagrant.

4 Likes

Who doesn’t? What an awesome comic.

4 Likes

Here it is. Funny, it’s only selling for $513 in the Tijuana store, where sales tax is included in the price.

http://www.qfxusa.com/ItemDetail.cfm?ItemID=1948

2 Likes

It’s pretty funny looking. I think I’ll stick with a full size electric bike.

1 Like

They had one of those, too, but just try getting one onto a calafia (minivan taxi) in TJ.

As it stands, TJ is a very anti-bicycle city. Car drivers are very aggressive towards them, and the city government is as apathetic to their plight as it is to the disabled (tall curbs, no cut-ins, etc.). Riding a bicycle in TJ is brutal on both the bicycle and the rider.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.